Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 2 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 2 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 am

February 2 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcvKjf9Xaq8OGaqh450nTu-Hs6_xjfUAnIq8nq6-JTWPCenXqe Frank McGrath [1903 - 1967]

February 2 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuSVPBjbB9unUOywt_7iE8DCkV7gV804ZLCQyeepy1DHO3ASvS_w Dave Sharpe [1910 - 1980]

February 2 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLY_hjh6BsbdpO3HCxLA0wfGaD8SLxbxa8Ac0pV4Y_oihq5GtzMA Bo Hopkins [1942 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Ole Frank McGrath!! This l'il fella played Charlie Weaver on the t.v. series Wagon Train for about 8 years. He also appeared in bit parts in several western films. He was always being harassed by Ward Bond/Major Adams about something he did, the bad coffee, the bad food etc. I think he should have give Bond/Adams an attitude adjustment and run over him with the chuck wagon.

I'm not familiar with Sharpe, but that's a beautiful rig he's got around his shoulders. Somebody should have told him not to fool with it, because he's got the small holster buckle on backwards.

Bo Hopkins has been around since the early 70's. That photo is from the movie. The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing. He has appeared in many many more. The 1st time I ever saw him was in the 70's comedy film, American Graffiti with Ron Howard, Charles Smith, Cindy Williams and Richard Dreyfus. If you'll recall, this was also one of the 1st appearances for Harrison Ford. I think Hopkins was the leader for the teenage gang, the Pharohs.
Great actor!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Ed -- David Sharpe not only was an actor in a number of B westerns and serials, but was one of the top stuntmen in the business.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:53 pm

David Sharpe had a long career as a stunt man, from 1922 to 1978, with a lot of TV shows under his belt, including The Lone Ranger, Batman, Star Trek, and the Wild Wild West. Ed, I'm with you, I haven't heard of him before today, as most of his stunt work is uncredited. But thanks to this Internet thing, I now know who David Sharpe, "The Clown Prince of Daredevils" is.

Ed, I also gotta correct you, pard. Frank McGrath played Charlie Wooster, not Weaver, on Wagon Train. He did a lot of uncredited work before TV came along. He was one of the "acting corporals" in Fort Apache, he played the bugler and an Indian in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, he was a Ranger in The Searchers, and a posse member in The Ox-Bow Incident.

And what about Bo Hopkins at the beginning of The Wild Bunch? His first major role was as Burt Reynolds' sidekick in White Lightning in 1973. He looked a lot like Jerry Reed, and was cast as Reed's brother in What Comes Around. Did a lot of TV episode in the '60s and '70s.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Howdy Tinhorn!!

You're right, Tinhorn!! I'd forgotten about Bo Hopkins appearance in The Wild Bunch and that was a late 60's film, if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry bout the Weaver/Wooster thing, but as the mechanical navigator in Walt Disney's movie " The Navigator" said to the little boy, " we filled up your brain with star charts and we found out it leaks"!!

Ed

P.S.
I jest remembered that ole Charlie Weaver used to appear on the ole Hollywood Squares show. Guess that's whut confused me!!

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Yes, David Sharpe made a lot of those old action stars look great in fights and such. Frank McGrath also worked as a stunt man in a number of films, again (as with Davy Sharpe) uncredited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2 Birthday Wishes   February 2 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 2 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1