Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 5 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 5 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:00 am

February 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeMcR4RNsEOyVAfNF8_TWs2m_ua1Sack3UdA05yuqUYH5IXFnUZA John Carradine [1906 - 1988]

February 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9TyoklV3Nd8Xsd6dweJs1yzsTIiWXBO3zxf6CovBtMA3DY00a Tim Holt [1919 - 1973]

February 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTCnvJ1ezKy12Ysor6pEvaSJ78t-1PX42d0ncRpB2sGBJLvwUWgg Paul L. Smith [1939 - ]

February 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR944P5dxcQ88LV_XssySbWOKMvIKJ3TAHHlaSS2TPwk5_DfLzBB2bznVjw Peter Ford [1945 - ]

February 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQMBoRbbPUZgfj2zOFtJrtmilgYHaUk1y9dIyGSWaupQUjckmd David Ladd [1947 - ]

Last edited by Manco on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Manco, I got a bit confused. There are 2 different Paul Smiths, and they were both born on Feb. 5, only 10 years apart! The one you have listed is Paul L. Smith, who played the Russian Archduke on the hunting trip in Maverick (1994). The other is just plain Paul Smith (1929-), who played Ron Harvey on the Doris Day Show.

Peter Ford is in a god awful movie with Chuck Connors called The Proud and Damned. Also played the role of Pete in the TV series Cade's County.
Back to top Go down
Manco

Manco

PostSubject: Re: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Tinhorn. I've added the L. (Lawrence). Paul didn't add the L until later in his career when the confusion over the other Paul Smith became confusing. I'm sure the February 5 birth date for both actors is wrong. Paul L. Smith made several Spaghetti westerns and comedy films along with Michael Coby (Antonio Cantafora) as Terence Hill and Bud Spencer clones. Bud Spencer was going to play Bluto in the 1980 film Popeye with Robin Williams but dropped out and was replaced by Smith.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 am

Howdy Manco!!

What can you add about an actor of John Carradine's stature?? He appeared in 3 classic films. Stagecoach, which the photo is from, The Grapes Of Wrath and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. You can simply hear his voice and you know instantly, who is speaking. He began a dynasty, which included his sons, David, Keith and Robert, 2 of which are still with us today.
An actors actor!! He was known simply as " The Voice", and I would have loved to watch him perform Shakespeare, which was his 1st love!!

Tim Holt was a 40's and 50's western matinee star, but also appeared in John Ford's Stagecoach along with John Carradine and My Darling Clementine, but is probably best know for his role in The Treasure Of Sierra Madre with Bogart and he did a fine job of it.

Paul.L.Smith was also in Red Sonja with Brigette Nelson and Arnold Schwarzenegger and in Haunted Honeymoon with Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner. I think the photo must be from a spaghetti western. A big burly bearded man. He reminds me of John Rys-Davis from The Indiana Jones films.

I am not familiar with the work of the other 2 actors.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Manco

Manco

PostSubject: Re: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Paul L. Smith's photo is from 1994's Maverick. Smith played the Russian Archduke and pictured with him is actor Graham Greene.

Peter Ford is the son of actor Glenn Ford and appeared as a supporting actor in several western films and TV shows.

David Ladd is the son of actor Alan Ladd and appeared as a child actor in several westerns.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Jim and I had the opportunity to see John Carradine perform on stage in The Man Who Came to Dinner. It was great. I think he made the best Abraham Lincoln ever in a film with Jimmy Stewart called "Of Human Hearts"....another classic. The only thing that gave it away that this was Carradine was his voice. The make-up made it look like you were watching Abe himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 5 Birthday Wishes   February 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 5 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Biographies: Biography, Writers, Actors :: "Today's Birthday Wishes/Greetings-
Jump to: