Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 22 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 22 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 22 Birthday Wishes   February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm

February 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzj9Z3GA6eS1B0BbKSncjEhUhSdRysvuOlccWJiE7j2Zpz2zuc Beatriz Michelena [1890 - 1942]

February 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm0FfvlasFuEBawLI-8H20PNo0YXfGeTvf-oyTNAtZdPAEFPyCMw Majel Coleman [1903 - 1980]

February 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDTqPuZvWlS2crDTe9i-yubKIW-Rn0eqNtrkgryI3vWqDrrMD6 Sheldon Leonard [1907 - 1997]

February 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFmhmnwk2BkHHlJp4izCcsRpOhsNwVJ7kMnQj5bKwq3JnOeIZj James Hong [1929 - ]

February 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6d0GIz7SpVVBtke1eHeAhQMz9w16NcMu7zV7NxgRPc62DJChtTw Ethan Wayne [1962 - ]
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 22 Birthday Wishes   February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Beatriz Michelena made a few old silent westerns from around the late teens to the early twenties or so about four miles from where I live. They had an old western town called "Poverty Flats" outside of Boulder Creek, California, where those films were shot. Of course none of the old town remains...think it was around where a golf course is nowadays.
Sheldon Leonard is probab;y better known as a gangster in films and as a producer of TV shows in the 50's (mostly comedies), but he did appear in a few westerns, even playing the Magua type character in George Montgomery's "The Iriquois Trail." I will always also remember him for his role in "It's a Wonderful Life."
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 22 Birthday Wishes   February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:47 pm

I first heard the name Sheldon Leonard in an article in a magazine called Scarlet Street, which was devoted to mystery and horror movies, back in the mid 1990s. At the time, I didn't know, until a few years later, that he was a producer of many successful TV shows: The Joey Bishop Show, The Danny Thomas Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle USMC, and I Spy among them. He continued acting, guest starring on TV shows up into the Early 1990s.

James Hong has been around a long time, been in a lot of movies and TV shows. I was surprised to learn he was never in an episode of MASH! One of my favorite scenes with James Hong is in Wayne's World 2, where he plays Tia Carrera's father, and he has a Kung Fu showdown with Wayne (Mike Myers), complete with dubbing and sound effects, to determine if Wayne is worthy of marrying his daughter. Hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 22 Birthday Wishes   February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Howdy Pards!!

I don't remember Sheldon Leonard as an actor, so much as I do a producer and director. Every time you watched the Andy Griffith show, Gomer Pyle or Danny Thomas, there his name would pop up as the producer or director.

James Hong has played every type of Asian villain you can name. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese. Hollywood used him to portray every low down, cunning, back stabbing Asian role they could think of. The one I remember him most for, is as the ghostly sorcerer in Big Trouble In Little China with Kurt Russell.

Ethan Wayne is the youngest son of the Duke and step brother to Patrick Wayne. The only role I can remember him playing, is as the grandson of the Duke in Big Jake, which Richard Boone kidnapped.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 22 Birthday Wishes   February 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 22 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1