Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 9 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 9 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 9 Birthday Wishes   February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:50 am

February 9 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWYXuzIJsQuszDleuQkUJmS-pitq0w39b7jG3bnuQcKvdyZMOOKw Gino Corrado [1893 - 1982]

February 9 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlB3N6XLa26qqDk_eSCziSq8RCzXU6KOvNS47GK9DkyTzVeg__-Q Brian Donlevy [1901 - 1972]

February 9 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSduGG4vHjv7f2ROUVBiho-G1KssDMuRYonUuBB6kM3wdk9dr_h Roy Jenson [1927 2007]

February 9 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmYO1dLo2OjhK0GxpDitvItJR5DdunaJbFQ_CKjQz3EOsJTcv6 Marianne Hill [1941 - ]
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 9 Birthday Wishes   February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Gino Corrado was in a bunch of 3 stooges shorts. Also in Citizen Kane and Casablanca, both times uncredited as a waiter.

Brian Donlevy played a good heavy, whether in Westerns or crime dramas.

And there's a Star Trek connection between the last two. Roy Jensen was in the episode The Omega Glory with Morgan Woodward, who was also in the episode Dagger in the Mind with Marianne Hill.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 9 Birthday Wishes   February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Howdy Pards!!

As Tinhorn says, Brian Donlevy made a good heavy and that's just about all that I can remember him ever playing. Bad guy ranchers, bankers, railroad magnate, you name the evil villain in the plot and he played it. And he made you believe it!!

I can never remember Roy Jensen playing anything but an evil gang member, henchman, cattle rustler, horse thief, back shooting no good, dry gulchin murderer. He just had the face fer it!!

I remember Marianne Hill from the film High Plains Drifter, with Clint Eastwood, Mitchell Ryan and Walter Barnes. She played the prostitute that slapped Eastwood in the face and wuz dragged into the barn fer some slap and tickle. I believe that's the film the photo is from.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Manco

Manco

PostSubject: Re: February 9 Birthday Wishes   February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 am

If anyone has Encore westerns watch for the mistake for their ad for Breakheart Pass. They talk about things you don't know about the picture such as boxer Archie Moore makes an appearance and rodeo rider Casey Tibbs but they show Roy Jensen pearing out of the cab of the trains engine. Roy played the train's engineer not Casey Tibbs.

Marianne Hill was also in El Condor with Lee Van Cleef and Jim Brown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 9 Birthday Wishes   February 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 9 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Biographies: Biography, Writers, Actors :: "Today's Birthday Wishes/Greetings-
Jump to: