Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 21 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 21 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 21 Birthday Wishes   February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:10 am

February 21 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAQPBE4c-5QRFcLRhBepKLQOKaoWWX8I8hKftidtcv-cW4TCJANg Charles King [1899 - 1983]

February 21 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzB0HS4zINwNH7xbjkTEeygfMNRSwTnF2I22fEC4SmzEC2_GhzKw Monte Rawlins [1907 - 1988]

February 21 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToZr80Nxefi545IJq_WETEfQM43cJkFlVcE1XVICfdPK7iNRiMPg Zachary Scott [1914 - 1965]

February 21 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1KUFzETx8hkaX0V_qoa6QCF64JD-wuDUuau0Wk-d6quFkOknz Sam Peckinpah [1925 - 1984]

February 21 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwoEYc7V2sBqgp1elUEaiMTSAGz-vTSk1rRTaF8hIIaJffpz4X Larry Pennel [1928 - ]

February 21 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzj4_hDnPgsIY538qtKVgFw36qdiY6JVnIWR67VEWs-UHii6He Gary Lockwood [1937 - ]
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 21 Birthday Wishes   February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Charles King was one of the top bad guys of the B-westerns, working opposite heroes like Bob Steele & Buster Crabbe. Was always fun watching him do his mischief in these old movies.
Zachary Scott was one of my favorites, working opposite Randolph Scott (Colt 45), Joel McCrea (South of St. Louis) & Sterling Hayden (Shotgun). He also worked in TV on shows like Rawhide. A class A actor,
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 21 Birthday Wishes   February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Howdy Pards!!

Larry Pennel was always one of my favorite supporting actors. Because of his good looks, he most often played good guys. He had a good part in Midway, with Henry Fonda and Charleton Heston and he has appeared on just about every western series ever on t.v.. He also appeared on at least 2 soap operas, General Hospital and Days Of Our Lives. I last watched him in a weird comedy titled Bubba Ho Tep, with Bruce Campbell and Ossie Davis, in which he played Kemo-Sabey!!

What can I say about Sam Peckinpah?? Schooled in the 50's t.v. westerns like The Westerner and The Rifleman, he both wrote and directed for these series. Then onto Hollywood and The Wild Bunch, Pat Garrett And Billy The The Kid, Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia, where he brought all the things he had learned to bear on the big screen. Although he didn't live long enough to match the number of films that John Ford, Henry Hathaway and other great directors managed to do, he will always rank in the very elite of western directors to western fans.

I first saw Gary Lockwood in the 2nd pilot for the original Star Trek series, titled Where No Man Has Gone Before with Sally Kellerman. He played a 1st Lieutenant, who acquired GOD like powers, because of contact with an alien. With the debut of 2001, A Space Odyssey, it appeared Lockwood was on his way to becoming a major box office star, but it was not to be. I next saw him in the western Fire Creek with Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, Morgan Woodward, Jack Elam and James Best along with the beautiful Inger Stevens. Although I'm sure he has had a successful career, he never reclaimed the star status of his movie debut.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 21 Birthday Wishes   February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:36 pm

I came to the conclusion, based on his fates in Star Trek and 2001, that Gary Lockwood didn't belong in space! He also had the leading role another Gene Roddenberry series called The Lieutenant as Lt. William Rice, a Marine Corps officer at Camp Pendleton. He made a lot of guest appearances on TV series up into the late 1990s.
Back to top Go down
Art Pepper

Art Pepper

PostSubject: Re: February 21 Birthday Wishes   February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 am

I could post in this category practically every day, paying tribute to people living and dead who've contributed so much to the movies and shows we've enjoyed, but I haven't done so till now. I had to wish "Bloody Sam" a happy birthday, and hope he's living it up in that tequila joint up yonder. I'll raise a glass of Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi to you, Sammy -- it's been years since I've partaken of the substances you enjoyed in your earthly existence, but it's the thought that counts, isn't it? As Chain says, he's in the very top echelon of Western directors.

Birthday Greetings also to Mr. Scott, Mr. Pennel, Mr. King & Mr. Rollins. Not to forget Mr. Lockwood, who starred in Model Shop, a film I wanted to see for years and, when I finally did, kind of wished I hadn't. It was written & directed by Jacques Demy, who made the earlier The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, which I love (yes! a French movie with dialogue that's sung instead of spoken!) but Model Shop has almost none of the same magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 21 Birthday Wishes   February 21 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 21 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1