Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

March 31 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

March 31 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: March 31 Birthday Wishes   March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:52 am

March 31 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThPsJ5P7OOn-RtJZGRuMMqi23qL3KyVPHHUyvawhw4YuKJDrc7 Eddie Quilan [1907 - 1990]

March 31 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCTPp9Vk9GoOHFqnfow_wryZt7y2vmrs_FjPnACfi8cKAXR8hX Ted Post [1918 - ]

March 31 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS6nuG3VhPydLy5olzPxrlgB01D3msOG-CQr0BwopedXEV2_Ne Richard Kiley [1922 - 1999]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: March 31 Birthday Wishes   March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Eddie Quilan started his career as a child actor in Vaudeville and silent films. He made the transition from silents to talkies and from childrens roles to adult roles in Mutiny On The Bounty, Young .Mr Lincoln and The Grapes Of Wrath. During his later career he appeared on many of the sitcoms on t.v.. After making a friend of Michael Landon, he often appeared in Little House On The Prairie, Highway To Heaven and Father Murphy, all Landon productions.

Ted Post is primarily known for his work in directing. During the 50's he directed episodes of Rawhide, Perry Mason, The Twilight Zone and over 150 episodes of Peyton Place. He also directed The Legend Of Tom Dooley, which starred Michael Landon and Hang'um High and Magnum Force for Clint Eastwood. While we're on the subject, the film, The Legend Of Tom Dooley came from the hit song by the Kingston Trio during the 50's, about the killing of a young woman in Polk or Rutherfordton county N.C. shortly after the Civil War. The mans name was actually Tom Dula (not Dooley), and he WAS hanged for his crime.

Richard Kiley has always been one of my favorite actors. I guess I first saw him in Blackboard Jungle in 1955, with Glenn Ford. He could play both leading man and supporting roles with equal talent. He also appeared in the mini-series, The Thorn Birds with Richard Chamberlain and Rachel Ward. He was the voice you heard as the park narrator in the film, Jurassic Park and is also the voice you hear in Universal's Jurassic park tour in Orlando, Florida. Later in his career he provided the voice for A&E's mysteries Of The Bible along with Jean Simmons. I remember an episode of Gunsmoke, in which he plays an aging town tamer, who replaces a wounded Matt and let's Dodge City run wild. As I recall, he also did a t.v. movie with James Arness titled The Last Apache, in which Arness played an aging Matt Dillon of the Gunsmoke series.

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: March 31 Birthday Wishes   March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Richard Kiley also played Zeb Machan's brother Timothy in The Macahans, the pilot to series How the West Was Won.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: March 31 Birthday Wishes   March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Richard Kiley was cast to play the guest role in an episode of Gunsmoke called "The Saga of Benjamin Brown." Kiley really liked the script and the character he was to play, but unfortunately the episode was never filmed and had to be cancelled after Miolburn Stone (who had a major part in the episode) suffered his heart attack and wasn't up to the vigors of the role. This was the first script my brother Ray ever sold and got him into the writing stable of John Mantley, producer of Gunsmoke and later How the West was Won. Mantley really liked thje script, saying it was very poetic and unlike any other Gunsmoke ever written, and used it as an example in some lectures he gave on the side to aspiring writers or something like that. A friend who has seen a number of Broadway plays said one of her two favorites was Richard Kiley in Man of La Mancha. He was a really good actor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 31 Birthday Wishes   March 31 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 31 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1