Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 24 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 24 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 24 Birthday Wishes   February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 am

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWHj2UsyCoy_AhPsZ6G9AY8QU9u2w76Jkq5bsl3onPzmSdnAuBTA Marjorie Main [1890 - 1975]

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXZoz4xWnrpOrzKd0L2P4VSM9O_Kw9r7LpNWBGI87aBvly_fAc James Warren [1913 - 2001]

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL1kkCUzvOC1JyViXCnEIGO_ISFHPIRkAMpwVHAs_J6TkBZc5Q Fred Steiner [1923 -2011]

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5JFM1d8AGqaUYhjWkjbvNUk_OpXUJpSLrXv_VlQ9-KTcdnwid Robert Knapp [1924 - 2001]

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrGVCjk4ThvCqWydzAHAaCM9GOEXQjUWhMmOSj0dae_LrVge9I John Vernon [1932 - 2005]

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzncvCJIz0beSF24_VHrZDjmsVmcpd-wMeRAmC9PHkjhcHs1Tlsg Pete Duell [1940 - 1971]

February 24 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS13Nz7_I8hJaX3X5SMo1TQjxCsJJOR8Uu_uamAQ6OSdXcEHSymvw Thadd Turner [1960 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: ars   February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Marjorie Main was probably best known for her portrayals of Ma Kettle in the Ma And Pa Kettle films. A bit of trivia about Marjorie Main, even though her husband was deceased, she would often stop during a scene and talk with him, then let the director know that her husband approved and go on with the scene as if nothing had happened.

Fred Steiner was a composer for both film and t.v. He not only composed the themes for Have Gun Will Travel, Gunsmoke, the original Star Trek, Rawhide, he also composed the theme for Star Trek, The Motion Picture and was involved with the theme for Star Wars, Return Of The Jedi.

John Vernon always reminds me of Victor French. Like French, he was often cast as a villain in films. I remember him best from Animal House with John Belushi and The Outlaw Josey Wales with Clint Eastwood.

Peter Duell was a young actor on his way up. He had almost completed 2 seasons as Hannibal Heyes on the hit t.v. series, Alias Smith And Jones with Ben Murphy as Kid Curry, when sometime during the night, his fiancee heard a loud noise and woke to find Duell dead of a gunshot wound. What a tragedy for fans of the show and this young actor, who had such an engaging smile and seemed to be so cheerful.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 24 Birthday Wishes   February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:13 am

Ed, Fred Steiner compose music for the original Star Trek series, but the theme for that series was done by Alexander Courage (who also composed the theme to The Waltons). Jerry Goldsmith did the soundtrack for Star Trek: The Motion Picture, although Steiner did some additional music that's went uncredited. Steiner's best known music is the theme song to Perry Mason.

John Vernon played a good heel. And he has such a recognizable voice. If you've ever seen any of the old Marvel Superheroes cartoons from the 1960s, Batman: The Animated Series, the 1994 Fantastic Four cartoon, or the 1997 Incredible Hulk cartoon, you'll recognize John Vernon's voice in many of the episodes.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 24 Birthday Wishes   February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:28 am

When I think of John Vernon the first film that comes to mind is The Outlaw Josey Wales. A great actor.
Robert Knapp was a personal friend of Jim and me.....His first film was Rogue River with Rory Calhoun and Peter Graves. Before that one he started working as a messenger at Warner Brothers when he was 18, then went into publicity, and from publicity he became part of the first motion picture unit and produced all the training films during World War II, and then went with the motion picture unit to India, Ceylon, Auwstralia and the Philippines. After the war he went back to Warner Brothers and began work as an assistant director until the big strike came and he was out of work. He thought that he always wanted to be an actor and began working in stage plays in Los Angeles and San Francisco, one of the plays being "Kitty Doone" directed by Charlie Chaplin. An agent signed him and he began film work in the aforementioned "Rogue River." His western movie credits include "Jubal" with Glenn Ford, "Tomahawk Trail" with Chuck Connors, "Rawhide Trail" with Rex Reason, "Outlaw's Son" with Dane Clark, and "Revolt at Fort Laramie" with John Dehner. His TV work included non-westerns like Perry Mason, Dragnet, The FBI, Navy Log, and in many westerns as Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Stories of the Century (as gunfighter Jim Courtright), Gunsmoke (6 episodes), Rifleman, Bonanza, Rin Tin Tin, Death Valley Days, Laramie, Broken Arrow, Cheyenne, & Black Saddle. He and House Peters Jr. were two of the actors who auditioned for, but lost to Richard Simmons, for the role of Sergeant Preston of the Yukon. A real fine gentleman and professional actor. On stage he worked with folks like Gary Cooper, Neville Brand & Akim Tamiroff. Happy birthday to my friend Bob Knapp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 24 Birthday Wishes   February 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 24 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1