Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

September 19 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

September 19 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: September 19 Birthday Wishes   September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:56 am

Adame West [1928 - ]
Ray Danton [1931 - 1992]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: September 19 Birthday Wishes   September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

Howdy Manco!!

Adam West first appeared in film, in 1954 and began to make apearances on many of the t.v. westerns popular at the time, like The Rifleman, Colt .45, Sugarfoot and Cheyenne. It was in 1966, that he was offered the role of his life and that would forever typecast him, that of Batman on the highly popular t.v. series. The show ran for 2 & 1/2 years before it was cancelled and after it ended, it was difficult for West to get work. In his own words, after the show, he would be in discussions about films and the producer would say, Batman can't be in bed with Faye Dunaway or Batman can't do this or that. At one point, he was out of work for 2 years. Eventually, he overcame this and resumed work. In 1977, he was again cast as the comic book character in, The New Adventures Of Batman, although why he would take on this role again after being typecast for so many years is beyond me. I guess, when you can't get any other roles, you take what you can get. The series only lasted for 16 episodes and was again cancelled. Recently, he has been involved in another t.v. series, titled, Family Guy, in which he plays the Mayor. It's good to hear that he's still active in film.

I've often wondered why Ray Danton didn't have a bigger career in films. After all, let's face it,the guy was classically handsome. His facial features looked like a sculptor or plastic surgeon had done them. He first appeared in The Starlight theater back in 1951, but it was the 1955 film, Chief Crazy Horse that drew him national attention. He had his biggest success in 1960, in the film, The Rise And Fall Of Legs Diamond, in which he played a gangster. I suppose like Adam West. this role typecast him as the oily gangster type. He also appeared in Tarawa Beachhead, The Sequel to Legs Diamond " Portrait Of A Mobster", Yellowstone Kelly and The Longest Day, while making appearances on several of the t.v. westerns of the day. He left Hollywood for Europe in the 60's and made several films abroad and also directed 16-17 films there. When he returned to Hollywood in the 70's, he began to direct episodes of several of the hit t.v shows like Magnum P.I., Cagney And Lacy, The Incredible Hulk and Dynasty. Ray Danton passed away in 1992 at the age of 60 years.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: September 19 Birthday Wishes   September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 pm

I love Adam West! If you watch his pre-Batman stuff, he was a pretty serious actor, but Batman was so campy that Adam West became this campy ham from then on. He just embraced that style! I hear him on the Hebrew National commercials, and his delivery is still so hammy!

Also today:

Porter Hall (1888-1953) was a shifty eyed guy, who played mostly villains or bumbling comic relief. He appeared in over 70 films, including Double Indemnity, The Thin Man, Miracle on 34th Street, His Girl Friday, and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. His Western appearances include Wells Fargo, Dark Command, Arizona, The Desperadoes, and Pony Express.

Jeremy Irons (1948-) is a British actor, not necessarily known for Westerns despite playing the villain Randall Bragg in Appaloosa in 2008. He started in the late '70s and early '80s on television, most notably 1981's Brideshead Revisited. He played in a variety of films, winning the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Claus Von Bulow in Reversal of Fortune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 19 Birthday Wishes   September 19 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 19 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1