Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

September 9 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

September 9 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: September 9 Birthday Wishes   September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:25 am

Cliff Robertson [1923 - 2011]
Jane Greer [1924 - 2001]
Nick Ramos [1929 - 2007]
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: September 9 Birthday Wishes   September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Cliff Robertson's film career began in the lat 1940s, and he played in several films and TV series during the '50s, including the starring role on Rod Brown and the Rocket Rangers. He then got his biggest break as Lt. John F. Kennedy in PT 109. JFK picked Robertson for the role over Edd Byrnes, Warren Beatty, and Jeffrey Hunter. In 1968 he won the Best Actor Oscar for his role as a mentally disabled man in Charly. He also appeared as a villain on Batman, a desperado called Shame, a parody of Alan Ladd's Shane. His last role was as Peter Parker's Uncle Ben in the Spider-Man movies.

Jane Greer was a model who was spotted by Howard Hughes, who put her in the movies. She appeared in several movies and TV shows, most notably as Kathy Moffat in Out of the Past in 1947. In 1984, she played in Against All Odds, a remake of Out of the Past, as the mother of her character from the original. She then had recurring role on Falcon Crest and Twin Peaks.

Nick Ramos was a Native American actor who played Tioga on Disney's Kit Carson and the Mountain Men, as well as several TV shows, like Little House on the Prairie and The Chishloms, rcurring roles on Falcon Crest and Dr. Quinn, and many TV movies, including Son of the Morning Star as Red Cloud.

Also today:

Art LeFleur (1943-) is a palooka-like actor in the William Bendix mold. Not particularly a Western actor, he appeared as a gambler in Maverick (1994), and in episodes of The Young Riders and The Magnificent Seven.

Tom Wopat (1951-) is best know as Luke Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard, and is also a singer and stage actor. He starred in the Broadway revival of Annie Get Your Gun in the late 1990's. Recently he appeared in the movie Jonah Hex, and on an episode of the Western/mystery series Longmire.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: September 9 Birthday Wishes   September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 am

Jim and I watched Art LaFleur perform on stage in a Maxwell Anderson play down in Los Angeles. A powerful actor. John Alvin, a friend, had invited us with comp tickets to attend the play as he was also in it. In the old days Alvin worked in many Warner Brothers movies including Errol Flynn's San Antonio.
We also met and talked with Nick Rams in Utah when we were visiting on the set of our brother Ray's screenplay of Windwalker in which Ramos was one of the stars. A nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 9 Birthday Wishes   September 9 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 9 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1