Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

May 30 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

May 30 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: May 30 Birthday Wishes   May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:13 am

May 30 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNQ588cBYB_jVDCk7Fl8R7pPh9FEVa8v_4BOZbt937mc7v7imo1w Howard Hawks [1896 - 1977]

May 30 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjmMGtLzNlBWkD0kCm53o1wK3YA7xIkC5RvBkf5JBKbZxilVSf Clint Walker [1927 - ]

May 30 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCwQkDK6MxBj7X0b7UtFmsM6FBYwlUHTi5NUqXPMgBJj70yqpP Ruta Lee [1936 - ]

May 30 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSmhFteS6jcqzdWiXoDyVSXi4sRM1W1Q1lXyPhKYj10IhR0FgD Michael J. Pollard [1939 - ]

May 30 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtdj0t-cWBTiC49YEvHOL5zYCmgdTGSW8fJAGx5RUNkFMZPoIDFQ Colm Meaney [1953 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

May 30 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 30 Birthday Wishes   May 30 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Howard Hawks first started directing silent films. His first attempt was the directing of Mary Pickford. After moving on to talkies, Hawks directed several films of note, such as Sergeant York( for which he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Director), Red River, Gentleman Prefer Blondes, The Big Sleep, Hatari, Rio Bravo and El Dorado and many more. He was one of the premier directors of westerns during the 40's, 50's and 60's.

Clint Walker!!!!! The man with the shoulders an axe handle wide!! First noticed by Cecil.B.DeMille, for a part in The Ten Commandments, which led to his being cast in the long running t.v. series, Cheyenne as Cheyenne Bodie. After the series, he would appear in many western films, such as Fort Yuma, Gold Of The Seven Saints, Night Of The Grizzly, Yellowstone Kelly and others like The Dirty Dozen and None But The Brave. He returned to t.v. with appearances in Kodiak, Killdozer and The Gambler. Rumor has it, that Sylvester Stallone has approached Clint, to play his father in Rambo V. No one EVER looked like Clint Walker astride a horse and many would argue, that he was the best of the t.v. cowboys. Still looking good at 85 years of age.

Ruta Lee first showed up as a perky little blonde, in the early 50's with appearances on The Roy Rogers show and The Adventures Of Superman. She snagged a part in the hit musical, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, which led to roles in, Witness For The Prosecution, Bullet For A Badman, Sergeants 3 and several others.. She has appeared on many of the t.v. game shows, like Hollywood Squares, What's My Line and others, while guest starring on many of the t.v. series like, M-Squad, Peter Gunn, Twilight Zone and dozens of others.

Michael.J.Pollard began his career in the late 50's, on many of the t.v. series on at the time, like the original Star Trek and The Virginian, before moving on to movies, like Tango And Cash, Arizona Dream, Dirty Little Billy and Scrooged, but it is the role of the naive country boy in the 1967 film, Bonnie And Clyde, that most will best remember him for.

Colm Meaney is presently working on his third t.v. series. He started out on Star Trek, The Next Generation as Chief Miles O'Brien, Then the spinoff, Star Trek, Deep Space Nine, in the same role and is now co-starring on the new A.M.C. western series, Hell On Wheels as Thomas"Doc"Durant, the railroad president. At this point, we are unable to determine if he's a good guy or a bad guy in his new role. Perhaps the 2nd season will give us more insight into his character.

Ed
Back to top Go down

May 30 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1