Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

March 22 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

March 22 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: March 22 Birthday Wishes   March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

March 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnd3CSBY1nySJzu-s8xtkraE7qhLYPFfqYiQtvGI61-Ad4ZqUG Herbert Rudley [1910 - 2006]

March 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzfdEcBoZMGXFOYhqk1MzwoxM5ykzcD6mFPDU6tW4Fyb3g4k7w James Brown [1920 - 1992]

March 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcCJd84rMvacUloFRuq38cu_yAE1LfD-yu1ntHULhsZHx8J4M4 William Shatner [1931 - ]

March 22 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjwJv-TF2fC2gPerkc3H1_7lBmvBTc-DQUsJY5iJflo9g2xrH06g Scott Wilson [1942 - ]
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: March 22 Birthday Wishes   March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Had the pleasure to know three of these folks having their birthday today....Herbert Rudley, James Brown & Scott Wilson. All really great people. Scott is still working, the other two have both passed on. Scott's year is the same as mine, he just beat me to #70 by nine months. If you want to see him in a really good part in a good western, I recommend "The Tracker" with Kris Kristofferson. Think maybe later this eve I just might watch "The Fabulous Texan" in which James Brown has a part. He told us of an event with horses in the making of this film. Herbert Rudley played a character who thought he could do a better job than Matt Dillon as sheriff of Dodge, and when Matt gives him a chance he learns he isn't up to the task. Although William Shatner will probably always be remembered as Captain Kirk on Star Trek, he did a really good job in The Andersonville Trial, directed by George C. Scott; also a couple of Twilight Zones.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: March 22 Birthday Wishes   March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Howdy Pards!!

Herbert Rudley is another of those wonderful supporting actors, whose face you immediately recognize, but can never remember the name. He appeared as a regular on 2 tv. series, The 50's, The Californians and Border Patrol. He showed up on just about every western t.v. series, including Boots And Saddles and Laramie. He was always the good towns person, who stirred up the townsfolk to lynch somebody and the star of the show had to save the victim.

James Brown was a supporting actor in the 40's and 50's with films like Wake Island and Sands Of Iwo Jima to his credit. He actually starred in a couple of westerns like Five Guns To Tombstone and Gunfight (I think) before taking on the role he would be best remembered for, that of .Lt Rip Masters In the t.v. series Rin Tin Tin.

Who doesn't know who William Shatner is????? I think I first saw him in a Twilight Zone episode, where he saw some creature on the wing of an aircraft, he was a passenger on and everybody thought he was paranoid. This role led to his being cast as Capt. James.T.Kirk on the original t.v. series Star Trek, which has become a cult classic and spun off innumerable Star Trek series like The Next Generation, Voyager, Enterprise etc. He has had several other t.v. series like T.J.Hooker, Boston Legal. He also co-starred on the western series Barbary Coast. He started doing commercials for Priceline.com for shares of their stock. Although I'm sure he was already wealthy, it is said that when the stock reached it's peak, he sold it and became fabulously rich.

Like Tom, I also remember Scott Wilson as the sneaky villain with the derringer in his boot, who killed Kris Kristofferson in The Tracker. I've seen him in supporting roles in westerns since and he is an excellent actor.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: March 22 Birthday Wishes   March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 pm

As always, I've probably seen Rudley, Brown, and Wilson in a number of things without knowing who they are (that's the educational benefit of logging on to this forum).

As for William Shatner, one thing I saw him in that really liked was an episode of How the West Was Won, in which he played a former Army officer who was married to an old flame of Zeb Macahan's...who happened to be blind.

BTW, it's hard to believe Shatner is 81 years old! sure, he's put on some weight over the last few years, but he doesn't look that old.
Back to top Go down
Art Pepper

Art Pepper

PostSubject: Re: March 22 Birthday Wishes   March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am

Also born on March 22: Karl Malden, who appeared in several Westerns. I've always found his screaming fit at the end of Nevada Smith especially unforgettable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 22 Birthday Wishes   March 22 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 22 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1