Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

March 5 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

March 5 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: March 5 Birthday Wishes   March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 am

March 5 Birthday Wishes Bobwoodward_head Bob Woodward [1909 - 1972]

March 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaxGJDThxVoU6N51bFcWMaW7ai0Ul21o_y9Fr93sTDzTxb6wowxg Virginia Christine [1920 - 1996]

March 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN3jZrN1prJztenYKb1g1likXTPGO3JLCwQBp3AV9XMad3iEbpeg Dean Stockwell [1936 - ]

March 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTatO6ctsNyU3hZ5YxG64FY-JC2YOdz_8CyX3U0BC-vEjvYwgajXg James Wainwright [1938 - 1999]

March 5 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0BowTf_MskLw03KqS2D6TwDkqshFMw2TOGVLBNtH8Wtqxtutq Fred Williamson [1938 - ]
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: March 5 Birthday Wishes   March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

I was wondering where I'd seen Virginia Christine before. She was Mrs. Olsen in the Folgers Coffee commercials!

Dean Stockwell has had a long career, starting as a child star back in the 1940s, and probably best know as Al Calavicci on Quantum Leap.

James Wainwright is best known from Joe Kidd. He also played in a 1979 episode of MASH as a gung-ho colonel whose regiment had a high casualty rate, and to keep off the battlefield, Hawkeye slips him a mickey and performs an unnecessary appendectomy on him. This was something that Hawkeye and trapper did in early episodes of the series, and in this episode BJ Hunnicutt was supposed to be complicit in this as well. But Mike Farrell, the actor that played BJ, argued that it was unethical for a sugeon to opperate on someone for no reason, while Alan Alda argued that they wolud be saving lives on the battlefield. So the writers rewrote the script, with the characters taking up the same arguments.

And speaking of MASH, Fred Williamson played Spearchucker Jones in the movie. In the series, the character was played by Timothy Brown, who played Corporal Judson in the movie.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: March 5 Birthday Wishes   March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Virginia Christine was also in some classic westerns, one being the wife of Harry Morgan in High Noon. Her husband, Fritz Feld, also has long career dating all the way back into silent films in Germany.
Bob Woodward worked in many westerns, sometimes playing the bad man and often as a stagecoach driver as he was thought to be one of the best stuntmen riding wagons and coaches. In many of the old western TV series like Range Rider and Gene Autry, when you see the heroine in a runaway wagon, Bob Woodward would be laying in the back operating the horses through a hole where the reins would go through and a peep hole for him to watch where he was going. A very underated stuntman who also had some acting roles. House Peters Jr. told me if it wasn't for Bob Woodward he would have been killed in one old western.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 5 Birthday Wishes   March 5 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 5 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1