Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 26 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 26 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 am

February 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSD0z_SDtQw_MevLELZZk0FYFwAxF6xH7Llfntm_mWXcFKYZagBg Dub Taylor [1907 - 1994]

February 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmjGEOFqj5ZxnU6wchp-N91equyFBDzkSOEXbPSCvKaryrrTqLtg Dane Clark [1912 - 1998]

February 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoh4Ss7xR0MYdebZ3a9zQYT_0EfDEnfXqeGCQ6gfaP7WzXyblrbw Michael Pate [1920 - 2008]

February 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8_D6fnEGNrPWrpWw06JC1B02IvI8fWkVWw78KyGA2e_YFeVIj8g Johnny Cash [1932 - 2003]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 am

Howdy Manco!!

Ole Dub Taylor!!!! The guy got started playing Wild Bill Elliott's comical sidekick, Cannonball. After he left Elliott, he became the sidekick of Charles Starrett"The Durango Kid". He has appeared in just about every "good" western ever made, including The Wild Bunch, The Undefeated, Major Dundee, Support Your Local Gunfighter and every t.v. western or comedy series ever made. He is the father of Buck Taylor, who played "Newly" on Gunsmoke for years. One of the ole school actors and one of the best!!

Dane Clark was another actor who got his start back in the 40's. He has appeared in a couple of westerns, like Fort Defiance and Gunmen In The Street.

Michael Pate was one of the most prolific supporting actors ever. You've seen him as a member of every tribe of American Indians ever portrayed. Sioux, Cheyenne, Navaho, you name it, he played it in some t.v. western. Not content with that, Hollywood also used his as Mexicans, Spanish, English, Australian,Gypsy etc. The fella must'ave gotten tired of having all that different colored makeup applied to his face. A native Australian, it seemed strange to hear that accent coming out of the mouth of so many different races and tribes.

Who doesn't know who Johnny Cash was?? One of the greatest country singers ever, he was a member of the " Million Dollar Quartet" wiith Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins, who were all under contract to Sam Phillips. He was also a member of The Highwaymen, with Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson. He made a film with Kirk Douglas back in the early 70's, called A Gunfight, which had 2 different endings in the film, and was a purty good'un as I recollect. One of his 1st appearances in film, was an episode of The Rebel back in the late 50's and he and his wife ,June Carter often appeared on .Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman.

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:56 am

Dub Taylor started out as Wild Bill Elliott's sidekick Cannonball. I saw one of those Wild Bill Elliott movies last week, and I almost didn't recognize Dub because he looked clean! I got used to seeing him all scruffed up in his derby hat. One of my favorite scenes with Dub is in Bandolero, when he's pouring Jimmy's Stewart's bath water, and Jimmy tells him he looks he could use a bath, and Dub says "It'll wash off my protection!" Classic!

Michael Pate was one of those guys that would play mostly outlaws or Indians. He played Chief Vittorio on the Hondo series and Crazy Horse on Branded.

You don't think of Johnny Cash as an actor, but he showed up in guest appearances on several TV shows, and had a recurring role as Kid Cole on Dr. Quinn. His music can be heard in several movies and TV shows, most memorably the theme to The Rebel.
Back to top Go down
Art Pepper

Art Pepper

PostSubject: Re: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Let's not forget that today is also the birthday of Betty Hutton, who starred in Annie Get Your Gun, and Michelle Carey who appeared in El Dorado as well as one of Chain's all-time favorites, The Animals (aka Five Savage Men). Wink
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Just saw Michelle Carey as Anna Hot Water in Dirty Dingus Magee, with Frank Sinatra. That is one silly movie!
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Howdy Art!!

Michelle Carey also appeared as the saloon owner in The Legend Of The Golden Gun with Hal Holbrook and Jeff Ostersage, but I will always remember her as the fiery longhaired beauty in El Dorado, who shot the Duke in the back fer killin her brother. I hope she made some money off 5 Savage Men, because that's 1 film she could have left off her resume, even though it had both Keenan Wynn and Henry Sylva as the buckskin chewing Apache, who chewed her up a whole Indian outfit, complete with go-go boots. He must'ave chewed up 4 or 5 deer hides to make that oufit.

Betty Hutton was a blonde bombshell back in the 40's and 50's, with The Fleet's In, Annie Get Your Gun and even appeared in a film with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis as Hetty Button. Her contract dispute with Paramount effectively ended her movie career and she became a frequent guest star on various t.v. shows.

Tinhorn, I agree with you about Dirty Dingus McGee being a silly western, but everytime I see it, the roles of Jack Elam as John Wesley Hardin and George Kennedy's role as the greedy bumbling Sheriff crack me up!! The role of Lois Nettleton as the town puritan, who is looking for a husband is hilarious!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 26 Birthday Wishes   February 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 26 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1