Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 12 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
+2
Chain Lightning
Manco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 12 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:43 am

February 12 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLYfuG7rgN2UNIzHMdwha1hsoPcqovTzW0xoFdunx_YxOx8sSGSw Wallace Ford [1898 - 1966]

February 12 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlrEsNv8MlZ3LowmeeIHICSMtPFVMfk0QKHuBbLxMQ_CK9XyV1DA Lorne Greene [1915 - 1987]

February 12 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1yzZr9f0-GzebZ56S8zcDDYVycO-ZGhU8yAN70ZFuC91Q5bCJ Forrest Tucker [1919 - 1986]

February 12 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSedw7OziZUANGeTcsC14lL7uGCbDdQEFyFFhzaHrnywr8p1EWnrDCMJBomyg Joe Don Baker [1936 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Who doesn't know who Lorne Greene was?? The patriarch of the Cartwright clan on the t.v. series Bonanza, from 1959 through the next 12 or 14 years, along with Michael Landon, Pernell Roberts and Dan Blocker. Originally a Canadian D.J. on the radio, his booming bass voice brought him international attention and the part in the series.

Forest Tucker will probably be best remembered for his role in F Troop, but he also appeared in Chisum, with the Duke, Barquero with Lee Van Cleef and many many other films.

I 1st saw Joe Don Baker in Charlie Varrick with Walter Matthau and Sheree North, back in the early 70's, I think. He was typecast as a heavy from the beginning, but recently, like Leslie Nielsen, he began to break out of this pidgeon hole, with his comedic appearance in the sci-fi spoof with Jack Nicholson, Invaders From Mars.

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Wallace Ford's name rang a bell. He played Lila Hyams' boyfriend Phroso the Clown in Tod Browning's horror classic Freaks, and he was in The Mummy's Hand with George Zucco and Tom Tyler (Tyler played the mummy). He was a second tier character actor, played in a variety on movies an TV episodes.

Lorne Greene, of course, is a Western icon thanks to 14 years as Ben Cartright. He was also Commander Adama in the original Battlestar Galactica.

Forrest Tucker was a good tough guy, be it in Sands of Iwo Jima or some of the Westerns he was in, but he'll always be Sgt. O'Roarke on F Troop to me. He was kind of like a Western Sgt. Bilko.

I remember Joe Don Baker first as Sheriff Buford Pusser in Walking Tall. He also played in 3 James Bond films as 2 different characters: Arms dealer Brad Whitaker in The Living Daylights, and CIA agent Jack Wade in GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies.
Back to top Go down
bronco

PostSubject: Re: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Tinhorn,
Wallace Ford may have been classed as a second tier charactor actor but in every Western i've seen him in he's always stolen the show,most recently funnily enough in Stagecoach To Fury with Forrest Tucker, and that's not easy to do as Mr. Tucker was a damn Fine Actor Too.
Back to top Go down
saddlepal

PostSubject: Re: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:42 pm

HI ALL,
I DO BELIEVE WALLACE FORD WAS IN JOHN FORD'S THE INFORMER WHOM VICTOR MC LAGLEN INFORMED ON AND IN THE LOST PATROL ALSO WITH MCLAGLEN AND HE APPEARED IN NUMEROUS WESTERNS OVER THE YEARS. LORNE GREENE , BEN CARTWRIGHT WHAT ELSE CAN WE SAY ? FORREST TUCKER ANOTHER MEMBER OF MY FAVOURITE ACTORS LIST, MANY WESTERNS AND WAR MOVIES AND TWO CRACKING BRITISH PRODUCTIONS OF SCI FI MOVIES THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN AND THE TROLLENBURG TERROR BOTH OF WHICH I HAVE IN MY COLLECTION. JOE DON BAKER GOT TO AGREE GREAT PERFORMANCE IN CHARLEY VARICK. GERARD.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Wallace Ford was one of my favorite character actors in a long string of A-westerns (as well as all those old B-films he starred in) & the John Ford films that Gerard mentioned. Lorne Greene began his movie career a number of years before appearing in Bonanza, working in features like The Silver Chalice (with Paul Newman & Jack Palance), The Hard Man (a western with Guy Madison, I believe), & The Bucaneer (with Charlton Heston & Yul Brynner). Although some may remember Forrest Tucker best from F-Troop (anyone remember his earlier TV series "Crunch and Des"?) but to me I will remember him most from his string of westerns like The Nevadan, Ride the Man Down, The Gunfighters, Coroner Creek, and the many others he did. The first film I remember with Joe Don Baker was way back in 1970 in a film called "Adam at 6AM." Four good actors to share their birthday with each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 12 Birthday Wishes   February 12 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 12 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Biographies: Biography, Writers, Actors :: "Today's Birthday Wishes/Greetings-
Jump to: