Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

January 26 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

January 26 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: January 26 Birthday Wishes   January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 am

January 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsEaJMl6F5Ip4mQifcAfmj6kOxDkvhvPBgVMjIEgtdCjPCSnFl Walter Barnes [1918 - 1998]

January 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoJP72DWdeZ4zjTD4yyKMaOdQEyL9RFFAAX-DStNbpb7dhgrcq Paul Newman [1925 - 2008]

January 26 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ3FXmFp4tT4ei3JoRXhzV8Pz6eQNqfxXcCla30VJnfQZWn-B8 Scott Glenn [1942 - ]
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: January 26 Birthday Wishes   January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:08 pm

This is well I pay attention: I did not know that Walter Barnes played bot the sheriff in High Plains Drifter and Tank Murdoch in Every Which Way But Loose!

Paul Newman, of course, is one of the all-time greats. Scott Glenn, too, is a very good actor. He was terrific as Mercury astronaut Alan Shepard in The Right Stuff. Also in Silverado, The Hunt For Red October, Silence of the Lambs, Apocalypse Now.
Back to top Go down
Manco

Manco

PostSubject: Re: January 26 Birthday Wishes   January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:15 pm

I knew Walter "Piggy" Barnes the last few years of his life. He lived alone in an apartment in Van Nuys, CA. My friend Neil Summers set me up with an interview with Walter and the first thing he said to me was, "Why do you want to interview me?" Walter was an All-American and All Pro football player for LSU and the Philadelphia Eagles. During his time with the Eagles he appeared on a live western TV series called "Action in the Afternoon" filmed on the back lot of a local Philadelphia TV station. He then moved to Hollywood and appeared in a number of western TV series and films before moving to Germany where he became a regular with Lex Barker in the Karl May "Winnetou" films. Then on to Italy where he made a few Spaghetti westerns and finally back to Hollywood where he became part of Clint Eastwood's stock company. Walter was a painter and dinner speaker. I guess that's why I wanted to interview him.
Typical western actor a very nice man and a great story teller. Happy birthday amigo.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: January 26 Birthday Wishes   January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Just watched Walter Barnes and Dan Blocker the other day play a pair of slimy prairie rats in an episode of "Gunsmoke." He, as always, was great in his role.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: January 26 Birthday Wishes   January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:22 am

Howdy Tinhorn!!

I also was unaware that Walter Barnes was the Sheriff in High Plains Drifter and Tank Murdock in Every Which Way But Loose. I always get him confused with Guinn "Big Boy" Williams, who often played a heavy in westerns. Now that I think about it, it must have been Walter Barnes that played the Sheriff in Bronco Billy!! A little trivia about Walter Barnes. In 1950, while playing for the Philidelphia Eagles, he went to Biloxi, Miss. for the Sugar Bowl between L.S.U. and Oklahoma. Barnes had played football for L.S.U. during his college days. Tipped off by an L.S.U. fan, several photographers and a Bilioxi police officer caught Barnes sitting on a 4x6 which ran between 2 ladders in a make shift scaffolding, with binoculars, a notepad and a tarp over him, so he could spy on the Oklahoma football practices. Barnes ran from the scene to another former L.S.U. players house and hid!! The University of L.S.U disclaimed any involvement and Barnes denied it for the rest of his life!! Oklahoma won 35-0!! A photo of this still hangs at Owens field!!

What more can be said about Paul Newman?? He turned down the lead role in Ben Hur, because as he said" I didn't have the legs for it", but he excelled in almost every role he did. From Hud to The Color Of Money, Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid through Road To Perdition, he made you believe in his character, and when all is said and done, what more can you ask of an actor??

As for Scott Glenn, along with the above named movies, he also appeared as a corrupt Secret Service man in Eastwood's, Absolute Power. A fine actor, but his role is Silverado is my favorite!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 26 Birthday Wishes   January 26 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January 26 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1