Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

September 6 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

September 6 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: September 6 Birthday Wishes   September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am

John Mitchum [1919 - 2001]
Jody McCrae [1934 - 2009]
Anne Lockhart [1953 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: September 6 Birthday Wishes   September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Howdy Manco!!

John Mitchum began his career in 1947 and appeared in over 50 films and over 100 t.v. series, as a character or supporting actor. He had a recurring role on F Troop as Pvt. Hoffenmuller. He was the younger brother of the legendary Robert Mitchum. During the 50's and 60's, he made the rounds of the t.v. westerns, including Laramie, The Life An Legend Of Wyatt Earp, Bonanza ( together with Dan Blocker" Hoss", Mitchum recorded an album), and he wrote the poetry for the John Wayne book, Why I Love America. He will be best remembered for the 4 Clint Eastwood films he appeared in. In the 3 Dirty Harry films, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force and The Enforcer, he played Eastwood's partner, Detective Frank DiGiorgio and he also appeared in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Actor Jody McCrea was the son of the famous western star, Joel McCrea. He began his career in 1955 and appeared in a couple of his father's films, like Gunsight Ridge and Trooper Hook. Although his career spanned over 30 years, he never achieved the stardom of his father. He had a recurring role on the t.v. western series, Wichita Town and appeared in Beach Blanket Bingo and Muscle Beach Party and the westerns, Major Dundee and Cry Blood, Apache.

Actress Anne Lockhart will be difficult to bring to mind without a picture. Let it suffice to say, she bears a strong resemblance to her more famous mother, June Lockhart, who you will remember as the 3rd actress to play the mother on the 50's/60's t.v. series, Lassie and also the mother on the long runnig t.v. series, Lost In Space, with Guy Williams and Mark Goddard. Anne has never appeared in any blockbuster films and her only recurring role was as Sheba, on the 1978 t.v. series, Battlestar Galactica. She has appeared in many of the t.v. sitcoms from the 50's until today and has also had success in providing voices for films, like Total Recall, Alien Versus Predator, The Muppets, Titanic, The Littlest Mermaid and many more.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: September 6 Birthday Wishes   September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Also today:

Irving Bacon (1893-1965), who appeared in over 400 films, including movies like Spellbound, Shadow of a Doubt, Tobacco Road, and The Grapes of Wrath. He appeared in episodes of several TV Westerns in the lat 1950s.

John Ridgely (1909-1969) was in over 150 films, including Destination Tokyo, Arsenic and Old Lace, They Died With Their Boots On, and most notably as Eddie Mars in The Big Sleep with Humphrey Bogart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 6 Birthday Wishes   September 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 6 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1