Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

September 4 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

September 4 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: September 4 Birthday Wishes   September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 am

September 4 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDEhCxkmSU7Yx21HjtE7EpM5Sep6g8yPihbprhtnfa-U4n0zs2 Dick York [1928 - 1992]

September 4 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7B5Pb1d1BgC0XM6IW5CjJ8QwS_oWTnWEOQZtcVMRyweryAlY0SA Riz Ortolani [1931 - ]

Last edited by Manco on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: September 4 Birthday Wishes   September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Dick York began his film career back in 1947. He appeared on several t.v. shows of the time and was eventually cast in Cowboy with Glenn Ford and Jack Lemon. The next year, 1959, York was cast in They Came To Cordura, with Gary Cooper and Rita Hayworth. It was on this film, that York received an injury to his back, that he would suffer with the rest of his life and would ultimately cost him his career. In 1964, York was cast in the hit t.v. series, Bewitched, with Elizabeth Montgomery. He played "Darrin" on the show for 5 years, until 1969. York had become addicted to painkillers after the injury and since even prescription drugs were taboo in Hollywood at the time, he tried to keep it a secret.. He failed to return to the set on 1 occasion and was found asleep in his car. This prompted some one on the show to investigate. They found the pills, hidden in his shoes, in his dressing room. He was fired and replaced by Dick Sergeant for the remainder of the show. This virtually ended his film career. I remember watching him on an E Entertainment episode in the 90's and he spoke about what happened. He said he couldn't get any parts in anything. In his words, "I couldn't get a job as a dogcatcher in Hollywood after that". He moved back to Michigan and started a charity for the homeless. I remember him saying" that he did more from his inhome office, than he ever did in Hollywood.

Riz Ortolani is a music composer, who began his career back in the early 50's, mostly in Italian films.
He has been nominated twice for an Academy Award for his music scores. He hit it big after the turn of the 20th century, with Kill Bill II and Inglourious Bastards.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: September 4 Birthday Wishes   September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 pm

I think the title of the tread should be September 4 Birthday Wishes.

More Sept. 4 Birthdays:

September 4 Birthday Wishes Dmytryk_edward Edward Dmytryk (1908-1999)
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: September 4 Birthday Wishes   September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Howdy Tinhorn!!

Edward Dmytryk was both a film editor and director. He is more famous for the over 50 films he directed. He began his career in 1935 and among the films he directed are the 1954 movie, The Caine Mutiny, Warlock, The Carpetbaggers, Shalako, Alvarez Kelly and a war film that I watched today, Anzio, with Robert Mitchum, Robert Ryan and Peter Falk. Mitchum played a cynical war correspondent, traveling with a group of U.S. soldiers during the invasion of Anzio, Ryan played an American General and Falk played an Army Sergeant. A good film, lots of action, but a bit graphic when Falk gets shot in the chest/throat by a sniper.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 4 Birthday Wishes   September 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 4 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1