Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

February 15 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

February 15 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: February 15 Birthday Wishes   February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 am

February 15 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQMCGj-b6-44zA5X6vUPmWPXRFhBkGnBdBPf2hTV5Qi7jhWSxL6g Cesar Romero [1907 - 1994]

February 15 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyZFJhJvPWDDY-svpseEM4tSNvnVLEwTu7LeO6HvCkyrGHKSEu Kevin McCarthy [1914 - 2010]

February 15 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZa61yi4ngW24Dklkojm_7g-22m3__Kp2b_VFTwe2MfFd6a4Yn8g Nico Minardos [1930 - 2011]

February 15 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhBAUGG7BA8MLp3FIELnfqa4XayaX6hArRjhwriiEAMSIQNBPG Sherry Jackson [1942 - ]

February 15 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2jtr2jiphSO81RZBbn1kg7rNEn5mMQlQxXW6EuAOTKKGQ_U0Y Jane Seymour [1951 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: February 15 Birthday Wishes   February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Ole Cesar Romero was around from the 1930's. He played the Cisco Kid in several 30's film serials. The photo doesn't do him justice, as in later years, he wore white hair and a mustache with a deep tan. I probably remember him best as the Joker on the ole 1960's t.v. series, Batman. He wouldn't shave his mustache for the part, so they put white makeup on it to cover it.

Kevin McCarthy was a tall blonde actor, who I first remember from the original, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. A wonderfully laid back style, quick wit, which he used best, in A Big Hand For The Little Lady with Joanne Woodward. He lived to the ripe ole age of 96.

Nico Minardos best role was Cannon For Cordoba with Peter Duel, who he hooked up again with, in Alias Smith And Jones. A little trivia about Minardos. He was arrested in New York during the Iran Contra mess, for allegedly smuggling arms to Iran. The case was later dismissed, but the attorney fees drove Nico into bankruptsy.

About the only thing I remember about Sherry Jackson, is her role in the original Star Trek episode" What Are Little Girls Made Of.

The beautiful Jane Seymour reminds me of her role in Live And Let Die and her t.v. series, .Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. As I recollect, she was born with 1 brown eye and 1 blue/green eye, which they cover with contacts in her film work. Lovely woman!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: February 15 Birthday Wishes   February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Sherry Jackson played the oldest daughter on The Danny Thomas Show, or Make room for Daddy as well as several TV shows. But that outfit she's wearing in that Star Trek episode...WOW!

And I always loved the fact that Caesar Romero wouldn't shave his mustache when he played the Joker...They just put the make-up on over top of it!

Hard to believe Jane Seymour is 61. She doesn't look any older than she did on Dr. Quinn.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: February 15 Birthday Wishes   February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:58 pm

I met Kevin McCarthy a few times at festivals and we got to know each other a little. Really nice guy. He let Jim film a little scene between he and I when I offer him a watermelon (in place of a seed pod) and ask him to put it under his bed at night before he goes to sleep. He asked, "Is it ripe"? I replied "Yes", and he asks "Is it ready?" and I acknolwleged that it was, and he accepts it. So, that was a little unofficial sequel to the famous "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."
Cesar Romero was good as Cisco (six or seven times), or as Cortez (Captain from Castille), a Brazillian or Argentine (forget which) bandit who helps Glenn Ford in "The Americano", as well as films like Vera Cruz, The Lost Continent, and as Doc Holiday in "Frontier Marshal" with Randolph Scott as Wyatt Earp. He also worked in a number of TV shows besides "Batman", in episodes of Wagon Train,Zane Grey Theatre, Rawhide, The Texan, Alias smith & Jones, and others, including the part of Estevan de la Cruz in several of Zorro episodes. As for not shaving his mustache for playing The Joker, he had much more pull than I. I had to just shave off my mustache for a part in a play that just closed. It is now starting to grow back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 15 Birthday Wishes   February 15 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 15 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1