Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

January 25 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

January 25 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: January 25 Birthday Wishes   January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

January 25 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7faQqeWQ49fHhfUeFFFjJg6Do9dNQt9l8CNX_zbQ6WKUH_20H King Donovan [1918 - 1987]

January 25 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaGQ9hr7qpXbM25Z-5g359XfKvAecDSXUNkEwqXzrWdtzXaxRrIg Gregg Palmer [1927 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: January 25 Birthday Wishes   January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Howdy Pards!!

With a name like King Donovan, you would expect an actor with the screen presence of Charleton Heston or Lee Marvin, but Donovan was a slightly built balding fella, who always played the role of the sniveling cowardly fella, who some bad guy was always threatening with a gun or a knife and Donovan was always spilling his guts to him, to save his own life. He made a career out of these characters!! Nevertheless, without the talent to play these roles, westerns, detective stories, horror movies and the like would never be as exciting. A journeyman actor, who never got the lead roles, but without his acting abilities, movies wouldn't be the same.
He was the husband of Imogene Coco, the actress and comedianne, who became a star on the Sid Caesar show back in the mid 50's.

Greg Palmer was also a character actor, whose career dates back into the 50's. Frequently playing a member of the gang or a thug or some other low life. Probably his most memorable role was as the fella who tried to hold up J.B. Books( the Duke) in the opening scenes of The Shootist and was gut shot for his trouble!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: January 25 Birthday Wishes   January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Although King Donovan acted in westerns like Tumbleweed with Audie Murphy, I will always remember him as Kevin McCarthy's friend in Invasion of the Body Snatchers who finally falls to the enemy and becomes one of the pod people.
Gregg Palmer acted in so many westerns, sometimes as one of the leads in films like Taza Son of Cochise or as one of the bad gus like in The Cimarron Kid with Audie Murphy; memorable as the machete wielding bad guy in John Wayne's "Big Jake" (a film that I met with casting director Hoyt Bowers for but unfortunately didn't land the part). I know Gregg personally, met and talked with him on a number of occasions, and he is another of those nice guys that are great to talk with. A sidenote: Gregg can do the best John Wayne impersonation that has ever been done. He could even fool John Wayne himself. Happy birthday, Gregg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 25 Birthday Wishes   January 25 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January 25 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1