Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

January 3 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

January 3 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 am

January 3 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyKe1nJ65Li1dbdIEznCIcKEXW-O5kwvPVUsEVLW1WO8MpbMpgdA Robert Loggia [ 1930 - ]

January 3 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtcIWyq644NopZFeV6H6k0_PpVRMRyabermn6nKPxTYEfFfNmG Dabney Coleman [1932 - ]

January 3 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiv3_A9MHl3IONZxEJNoosES3Atp83A0xAf2hNDj1LsZwNxuKy Mel Gibson [1956 - ]

January 3 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG1mKwf8ST0Jq9UGmc6doaSQd7ad7qvOk4r3X-YqwcDbpb6W4mysAq0BAV Ray Milland [1905 - 1986]

January 3 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6FFAthL5S7yUN2zJdOGXt5FHKZyCYUceW49Ukw87770l81lW9fuFxRng John Russell [1921 - 1991]

Last edited by Manco on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Manco, here's a couple more:

Mel Gibson (Maverick)[1956-]
Dabney Coleman (Bite the Bullet)[1932-]
Robert Loggia (Disney's Elfago Baca)[1930-]
Back to top Go down
Manco

Manco

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks Tinhorn! Mel, Dabney and Robert added to Birthday Wishes.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Howdy Pards!!

Ah, Robert Loggia!! Been around since the 50's. Used to appear in many of the t.v. westerns during the 50's and 60's. Who could ever forget his role in Scarface, with Pacino or the vampire film he made with the beautiful French actress( can't think of her name or the name of the film, but Loggia's role as the blood thirsty mob boss was perfect), along with too many more to list here. A consumate actor!!

Dabney Colman!! 9 TO 5 with Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlinson. I still laugh at the scene where Tomlinson poisened him and launched him out of the window in the broken chair, while the bluebirds sang. He made one with Chevy Chase about nuclear waste that still cracks me up!! I'll never forget the line as he marches toward the beach house with the .357 magnum. " He don't know who he's foolin with!! I'm a damn good lookin man"!!

Ray Milland!! Like John Carradine, this fella was around so long, they finally started putting him in B-horror flicks. He made at least 1 good western with Ward Bond, titled Man In The Shadow. He could play hero, scoundrel or villain with equal aplomb and did so from the 40's through the 80's!!

John Russell!! WWII veteran, turned actor, who will always be remembered for the role of Marshall Dan Troop in the t.v. series, Lawman. Dreadfully underused by Hollywood. A man like so many, that mature as an actor, as they age. I personally think his last role as Marshall Stockburn in Pale Rider was his finest moment!! At the end, he thought of his WWII buddies and had himself interred in a Military cemetary, with just his name, rank, birth and death dates and the war in which he served on the tombstone.

Mel Gibson!! Enjoyed the 1st couple of Mad Max films, but couldn't stand Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Braveheart and The Patriot were purty good films. In my opinion, Passion Of The Christ, should be required watching, but gitting drunk and shooting his mouth off about everbuddy and their grandma has tarnished his reputation, not to mention divorcing his wife, with which he had forty eleven kids and running off with some model, half his age and then beating the crap out of her!! This guy reminds me of a failing spark plug. Pow, pow, sputter , pow, sputter!! I'll leave this guys legacy (pardon the pun) to future generations!!

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:00 am

Ed, the vampire movie with Robert Loggia was called Innocent Blood, and the actress in it was Anne Parillaud. Anthony LaPaglia played a cop, Don Rickles as Loggia's lawyer, directed by John Landis (Animal House, American Werewolf in London, The Blues Brothers).

The Chevy Chase movie you're thinking of is Modern Problems.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:07 am

Howdy Tinhorn!!

Thanks pard!! Couldn't think of the name of the film to save me, but the scene where Loggia is eating the raw steak and when he attacks ole Don Rickles, is Loggia at his best!!!! Sounds like you've seen Modern Problems, but if you havn't, Dabney Colman's portrayal of the egomanical author with the southern accent, just kills me!!

Thanks again!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Ray Milland was in four good westerns that I can recollect: A Man Alone with Ward Bond & Lee Van Cleef; Bugles in the Afternoon with Forrest Tucker; Copper Canyon with Macdonald Carey; and a really good western called California that takes place during the gold rush days. Another modern western was with Anthony Quinn called River's Edge. One of my favorite Milland films is Alias Nick Beal with Thomas Mitchell in which Milland was evil ol' Nick. He had quite a career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 3 Birthday Wishes   January 3 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January 3 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1