Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

December 23 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

December 23 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: December 23 Birthday Wishes   December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 am

James Gregory [1911 - 2002]
Kenneth Becker [1931 - 2000]
James Stacy [1936 - ]
Charles Herbert [1948 - ]
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

December 23 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 23 Birthday Wishes   December 23 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:05 pm

James Gregory appeared in so many things: The Manchurian Candidate, Sons of Katie Elder, The Matt Helm movies with Dean Martin, Beneath the Planet of the Apes as the gorilla General Ursus, you name it. Even an episode of Star Trek called Dagger in the Mind. But I think most people remember him as the aging Inspector Luger on several episodes of Barney Miller.

Kenny Becker appeared in a slew of TV Westerns from the mid-'50s through the 1960s, and his last role was as Ferrell Parmalee in True Grit in 1969.

James Stacey made his debut in the film Sayonara in 1957 and appeared in episodes of Highway Patrol, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Perry Mason, and a recurring role on Ozzie and Harriett before starring in the series Lancer from 1968-70. In 1973, he was riding a motorcycle with his girlfriend when they were struck by a drunk driver. His girlfriend was killed, and he lost an arm and a leg. Frank Sinatra and Barbara Streisand were among a number of celebrities who did a gala to raise money for his medical expenses, and won a lawsuit against the bar that served the driver that hit them. He went back to acting, and made a TV movie called Just a Little Inconvenience, playing a Vietnam War vet who was a double amputee, which earned him an Emmy. He would appear on TV shows sporadically in the '80s and '90s. He was married twice, first to Connie Stevens, then briefly to Kim Darby.

Charles herbert was one of the most sought after, and highest paid, child actors in the 1950s, starting at the age of 5, and appeared in movies like The Fly (1958), The Long Long Trailer, Houseboat, Gunfight at the OK Corral, and on TV in episodes of Rawhide, Wagon Train, The Fugitive, Hazel, and My Three Sons. As he got into his teens, he lost his marketability, and unable to transition to adult roles, he became addicted to drugs and alcohol. After a 40 year struggle, he became clean and sober in 2004, and works with former child actor Paul Peterson's organization to help child actors transition to adulthood.

Also Today:

Frederic Forrest (1936-) is the Oscar nominated actor (earning the nomination for the movie The Rose), who played "Chef" Hicks in Apocalypse Now, Clay in Missouri Breaks, Lee Harvey Oswald in the TV movie Ruby and Oswald, Wild Bill Hickock in Calamity Jane (1984), and the renegade Blue Duck on the mini-series Lonesome Dove.
Back to top Go down

December 23 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1