Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

December 6 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

December 6 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: December 6 Birthday Wishes   December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 am

William S. Hart [1864 - 1946]
Agnes Moorehead [1900 - 1974]
Jaime Fernandez [1927 -2005]
Lance Fuller [1928 - 2001]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: December 6 Birthday Wishes   December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Ole William.S.Hart was an original in any sense of the word!! Came roarin outta the Dakotas and made his first film in 1907. He not only was an actor, but wrote and produced many of the films he starred in. He invented the role of Messala in the 1907 film, Ben-Hur, long before Charlton Heston ever hear about it. With his hawkish nose and piercing eyes, he was the epitomy of the avenging cowboy. Hart became so famous, that the real life lawman and bodyguard to the President Of The U.S. (two-gun Hart) Real name, Capone and brother to the infamous Al Capone, actually patterned his life after him. The BIG cowboy star of the silent screens from 1907-1920's, he appeared in such films as The Scourge Of The Desert. Two Gun Hicks, The Sheriff's Streak Of Yellow and Hell's Hinges in a career that spanned over 70 films. Inducted into the Western Heritage Hall Of Western Performers in 1975, he made his last film in 1925 and retired to his ranch in Newhall Calif. He was one of the pall bearers at Wyatt Earp's funeral, along with Tom Mix and due to an airplane that kept flying low over his house, he finally invited the pilot over to dinner to voice his protests. Turns out, it was none other that Amelia Earhart.

Agnes Moorehead!! A most strikingly handsome woman!! Performed in radio from the 1930-1950's and made working in radio a stipulation in her film contracts. Was in the radio serials, The Shadow. The Gumps, Terry And The Pirates and Rebecca, and that's how she came to meet Orson Wells and actually performed in his legendary radio show, War Of The Worlds. Her first appearance in film was Well's classic, Citizen Kane. Destined to appear in many of the classics like, The Magnificent Ambersons.Jany Eyre, Magnificent Obsession, Raintree County, The True Story Of Jesse James and Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte. Casting directors either loved or hated her, because it was impossible to typecast her. Moorehead was the first woman to co-host the 1948 Academy Award show, with Dick Powell. She could literally play any role. Deciding to try the new medium t.v., she appeared on Wagon Train and many of the other 50's and 60's series, but it was her acceptance of the role of "Endora" on the 1964-1972 series, Bewitched, that she was to become most well known for, to her constant consternation. She could never comprehend how this show could be so wildly popular, because it was so far-fetched. She had it written into her contract, that she only had to appear in 8 out of every 12 episodes, to have time for other work she preferred. A devout Christian and staunch Republican, she was known to show up on the set with her Bible in her hand!!!!! Once, when speaking about then present Hollywood, she commented that the Grr-e-a-t Marlon Brando showed up, said a few lines and was paid one million dollars. She commented, "Why, you couldn't even hear him"!! Obviously not a Brando fan!!!!!! Agnes was one of the cast on the John Wayne, Susan Heyward film, The Conqueror, which was filmed at a former atomic testing site in St. George, Utah. She also suffered the same fate as many of the other stars, who eventually died of cancer.

Jaime Fernandez is much better known to fans of Mexican films. He has acted and directed hundreds of these films. He first appeared in film as a child star actor and was later directed by his more famous brother ( in America) Emilio, the real (El Indio) Fernandez. who you will better remember as General Mapache in the classic, The Wild Bunch. He is probably best known for his appearances in the 1954 film Robinson Crusoe, A Bullet For The General with Gian Mario Volente and Klaus Kinski ( from, For A Few Dollars More) and Guns For San Sabastian with Anthony Quinn and Charles Bronson.

Lance Fuller is probably better known for his string of 50's and 60's horror films. He made his first appearance in film in the 1943 movie, Frankenstein And The Wolfman as an uncredited villager. He later appeared in Cattle Queen Of Montana, Taza, Son Of Cochise, Tension At Table Rock, War Arrow, Day Of The Outlaw and Apache Woman. He also appeared in God's Little Acre and, but is better known for films like, This Island Earth, Voodoo Woman and Bride And The Beast. During the 50's and 60's, which are cult classics today. He appeared on many of the t.v. westerns like ,Maverick, The Rifleman, Bat Masterson, Colt .45 etc. Fuller did his last acting in 1975.

Ed

Last edited by Chain Lightning on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bullfrogb

PostSubject: Re: December 6 Birthday Wishes   December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Happy 148th Birthday to my Western Film hero, William S. Hart. Hope all the pards have the opportunity to visit Hart's mansion in Newhall. His beautiful home is open to the public for tours, free of charge. A leisurely stroll up the hill to his house will reveal a small herd of bison, donated to the Hart Park from Walt Disney. His ranch house on ground level is also a treat to see as well as the small collection of animals at ground level. I've been fortunate enough to collect all the Hart films available on VHS and DVD and buzzing around the rumor mill is hope for the release of Hart's "Between Men" and "Wild Bill Hickock."
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: December 6 Birthday Wishes   December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Also today:

King Moody (1929-2001) is best known as the KAOS agent Shtarker in several episodes of Get Smart. He also made appearances in episodes of Bonanza, Tombstone Territory, and Cheyenne, among others. He played Ronald McDonald in the late '60s and '70s and was the father of William Moody, known to pro wrestling fans as the Undertaker's manager, Paul Bearer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 6 Birthday Wishes   December 6 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December 6 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1