Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

October 20 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

October 20 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: October 20 Birthday Wishes   October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 am

Evelyn Brent [1899 - 1975]
Barney Phillips [1913 - 1982]
Carolina Cotton [1925 - 1997]
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

October 20 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 20 Birthday Wishes   October 20 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Howdy. Manco!

Evelyn Brent made her screen debut in 1915. between then and 1950 she made 125 movies, from silent films like Arizona Express, The Desert Outlaw, and Lady Robinhood, to talkies like Hopalong Cassidy Returns, Home on the Range, Westward Ho, and the Seventh Victim. She made a very brief comeback: on episode of Wagon Train in 1960.

Barney Phillips made a career of playing cops and detectives in several movies and TV shows, and also appeared in many TV westerns. He also did some voice acting for some Hanna-Barbera cartoons. His regular roles on TV were Sgt. Ed Jacobs on Dragnet in the early '50s, Lt. Sam Geller on Johnny Midnight, Lt. Avery on The Brothers Brannigan, Major "Doc" Kaiser on 12 O'Clock High.

Carolina Cotton was known as the "Yodeling Blonde Bombshell" and was a singer who recorded with Spade Cooley and Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, as well as appearing in 24 titles between 1944 and 1952, many of them with Gene Autry, before leaving show business to become a school teacher.

Also Today:

Frederick Burton (1871-1957) made his screen debut in 1914. During his career, he played Pa Bascom in The Big Trail with John Wayne, and appeared uncredited as a prison official in I Was a Fugitive from the Chain Gang and as a senator in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Will Rogers Jr (1911-1993) was the son of humorist Will Rogers. He was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army through the ROTC program, but did no active duty. During WWII, he enlisted as a private, and later was commissioned in the field artillery. He was elected to Congress as a representative of California, but not serve a full term, as he was sent on active duty with the 814th Tank Destroyer Battalion in 1944, under Patton's 3rd Army. He later won the Democratic nomination for the US Senate in California, losing the general election to William F. Knowland. He had a brief acting career, first playing his father in The Story of Will Rogers. He played Tom Brewster in the film The Boy from Oklahoma, which became the basis for the TV series Sugarfoot. He also hosted reruns of Death Valley Days, which ran under the title The Pioneers. He committed suicide at the age of 81, after several strokes and heart problems.

John Anderson (1922-1992). Try and name a TV series he hasn't appeared in! He appeared in 238 titles in his 42 year career (1950-1992), 141 of them on TV. He's been on Gunsmoke (112 episodes) The Virginian (6), Bonanza (3), Rat Patrol (4), Lassie (3), The Twilight Zone (4), The Rifleman (11), Laramie (6), Wyatt Earp (5 times as Virgil Earp), Dallas (9), MacGuyver (6, as MacGuyver's grandfather Harry Jackson), just to name a few.

Michael Dunn (1934-1973) was a dwarf actor who appeared in the movie Ship of Fools, and played Mr. Big on an episode of Get Smart and the jester Alexander on the Star Trek episode Plato's Stepchildren. But it's his 10 appearances as archvillain Miguelito Loveless on The Wild Wild West for which he's best remembered. He had poor mobility and stamina due to his dwarfism, scoliosis, and deformed ribcage, but was known to jump feet first into his work. Unfortunately, his condition causes an overload to right side of his heart, causing his death at the age of 38.
Back to top Go down

October 20 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1