Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

October 11, Birthday Wishes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

October 11, Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: October 11, Birthday Wishes   October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:21 am

Elmore Leonard [1925 - ]
Luke Perry [1965 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

October 11, Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 11, Birthday Wishes   October 11, Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am

Howdy Manco!!

Elmore Leonard is not a name that is familiar to most folks, except those that like to read the novel or story first and then go see the film, or those that read the trailing credits after watchng a film, BUT this fella started writing in 1956 and in 1957, he turned out 2 stories that we all are familiar with. Those being, The Tall T and 3:10 To Yuma, both in 1957. He must have gotten writers block after the success of these 2 stories, because he only turned out 1 more story for the next 10 years. Then he went on a tear again. In 1967, he wrote Hombre and in 1971 he wrote Valdez Is Coming and in 1972, he wrote Joe Kidd!! Now, do we all know, who Elmore Leonard is????? .Mr Leonard wasn't finished yet. In 1974, he wrote the story for the Charles Bronson film, .Mr Majestyk, in which ole Charlie kills out most of the mob in California!! Then in 1980, he wrote, High Noon Part II, The Return Of Will Kane, which, when made into a movie, starred Lee Majors and David Carradine. In the following years, he wrote, Stick, which I believe starred Burt Reynolds, then, The Rosary Murders, which starred Donald Sutherland and topped that off by writing the novel for the Tom Selleck film, Last Stand At Sabre River. Since then, he has cranked out Get Shorty, Jackie Brown and Kill Shot and I'm ony listing the more famous ones!! When he isn't writing a novel, he writes short stories, like Fire In The Hole, which became the basis for the t.v. series, Justified!! .Mr Leonard is a very prolific writer and let us hope that he once again turns his writing talents back to westerns. NOW, does everybody know who Elmore Leonard is????????????

Luke Perry is one of the rising young stars in Hollywood these days. He made his film debut as an uncredited soldier on the t.v. series, Voyagers, in 1982. This led to his being cast in the 1988 series, Another World, which in turn led to his being cast as Pike in the film, Buffy, The Vampire Slayer and also in The Fifth Element with Bruce Willis. Next up was his role of Rick, on the series, The Incredible Hulk and then on to the role of Dylan McKay on the 1990-2000, hit series, Beverly Hills, 90210. Perry next took on roles on the series, Jeremiah and Windfall and in the midst of this, he snagged a juicy part as Harry Hammett in the made for t.v. western, The Johnson County War, with Tom Berenger and Burt Reynolds and it appears that something clicked.
In 2008, Perry took on another western role in A Gunfighter's Pledge and again in 2009, with the t.v. remake of Angel And The Badman. In 2011, Perry again involved himself in the western genre, with his role in the t.v. movie, Goodnight For Justice and in 2012, he has cranked out 2 more in the Goodnight series of t.v. movies, with Goodnight For Justice, The Measure Of A Man and Goodnight For Justice, The Queen Of Hearts. Perry not only stars as Judge Goodnight in these films, but is also the executive producer. He seems to like the western genre and heres hoping that he continues his work on westerns!!

Ed
Back to top Go down

October 11, Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Biographies: Biography, Writers, Actors :: "Today's Birthday Wishes/Greetings-
Jump to: