Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes   Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:23 am

James Olson [1930 - ]
Peter Sherayko [1946 - ]
Matt Damon [1970 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes   Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Howdy Manco!!

James Olsen is a tall slender blonde character actor from the 50's-80's. He first appeared in the 1956 film, The Sharkfighters, then began the rounds of the t.v. series popular at the time. He appeared on Have Gun Will Travel, Route 66, Bonanza and The Virginian along with many others. Along the way, he also appeared in The Stalking Moon, Wild Rovers and Amityville II, The Possession. He will probably be best remembered for his role in the 70's t.v. movie, The Andromeda Strain with Patrick Wayne and Authur Hill. Olsen retired from acting in 1990.

Peter Sherayko is an actor, stuntman, stunt coordinator and Armourer all in one. He made his film debut back in 1987 and has appeared in 6 Guns, The Shooter and Deathwish 4, The Crackdown and several other small budget films. His best role to date was as Texas Jack Vermillion in Tombstone. He has also performed stunts, been the stunt coordinator and Armourer on these same films.

Matt Damon is one of the hottest new stars in Hollywood. He made his film debut in 1988, with one line in the film, Mystic Pizza. He collaborated with his friend Ben Affleck on one of his next films, Good Will Hunting, which led to his role as the last of the Ryan boys in Steven Spielberg's, Saving Private Ryan. He was the star in all 3 of the Jason Bourne films and has appeared in several other films of note, like, Oceans Eleven, The Departed, The Good Shepherd and The Talented .Mr Ripley. His first western was, Geronimo, An American Legend, in which he did an excellent job. His next western was the remake of True Grit and his performance left something to be desired, but his role in his third western, All The Pretty Horses made up for it. Damon has the potential to become a star on a par with, Steve McQueen and Paul Newman, if he's willing to gamble and not play it safe with his roles and he's already said that if he goes down, he's going down swinging!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes   Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Also today:

Kirk Alyn (1910-1999) was in many B movies and serials in 1930s and '40s, most notably as the first actor to don the red cape and blue tights as the Man of Steel in Superman (1948) and Atom Man vs. Superman (1950). He made some TV appearances in the '50s up to the late '70s, including Buffalo Bill Jr., Adventures of Kit Carson, Annie Oakley, The Donna Reed Show, Highway Patrol, and Battlestar Galactica, as well as appearing (uncredited, along his co-star Noel Neill) in the 1978 movie Superman as the father of a young Lois Lane.

Paul Hogan (1939-) is most famous as Mick "Crocodile" Dundee from that trilogy of films which launched him into international stardom. The Australian actor had his own show in home country in the '70s/early '80s, then he became a spokesman for Australia's tourism industry. In 1994, he starred in the Western comedy Lightning Jack. He was nominated for Oscar for the screenplay for Crocodile Dundee.
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes   Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Chain, The Andromeda Strain was a big budget theatrical release with David Wayne and Arthur Hill. I used to have the soundtrack album that was in the shape of the virus. Weird music, different album.
As for Matt Damon, All the Pretty Horses was made ten years before True Grit.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes   Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Howdy Nightlinger!!

Sorry to hear that about all The Pretty Horses, because that means that instead of Matt Damon's western acting ability improving, based on his performance in this film, it's deteriorating, based on his performance in the remake of True Grit. Maybe he just don't like westerns!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes   Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ocotber 8 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Biographies: Biography, Writers, Actors :: "Today's Birthday Wishes/Greetings-
Jump to: