Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

Februay 4 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
+2
Tinhorn
Manco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

Februay 4 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Februay 4 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVlvj3Ppp5Ko-slPxUwfn4_ows2e7OwGsn5kZ0gQYscB2Vli9qfw James Craig [1912 - 1985]

Februay 4 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv4hJnq2oMhojDz0RIKakkByZuWiQQHD00dBNslKyje-_D1ra9-A Ida Lupino [1918 - 1995]

Februay 4 Birthday Wishes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeEjfHrQZelFQUT0VjgRR4tv4dTJ0Z8jTBW2WlG9SfmjZb4LHERQ William Phipps [1922 - ]

Last edited by Manco on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm familiar with the names James Craig of William Phipps, although I've probably seen them dozens of times, from the amount of TV episodes they did.

Ida Lupino was great actress as well as a director and writer. Shey played in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, High Sierra, They Drive By Night (a tour de force performance), as well as many TV episodes. One of the more bizarre casting choices I've seen her in was playing Johnny Cash's wife(!) in an episode of Columbo! Directed numerous episodes of TV shows ranging from Dr. Kildare and The Untouchables to Bewitched and Gilligan's Island.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:55 am

Howdy Pards!!

I'm unfamiliar with the name James Craig, but Ida Lupino was around both as an actress and a director for over 30 years. She appeared in the film, High Sierra with Bogart and with her husband of over 30 years, Howard Duff (another good ole western actor) in .Mr And .Mrs Adams, a t.v. series and in a little 1940's western that I like, titled Lust For Gold, which we've discussed on the forum before. She continued to appear as a guest star in t.v. series well into the 70's.

William Phipps was an excellent supporting actor, who appeared in many of the ole western t.v. series back in the 50's. Havn't seen him in years!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
indiangirl
Admin
indiangirl

PostSubject: Re: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:44 am

Hey there!

I didn't recognize Ida Lupino till you brought up the fact that she was in Lust For Gold. ( What a great movie)! And you said she was in,High Sierra. Another great movie. Both terrific movies. A Happy Birthday to you there up in Heaven.

I'm sure I have seen William Phipps in different movies, just don't recall for the moment what.
Back to top Go down
https://brokenarrowwestern.forumotion.com
bronco

PostSubject: Re: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi,
I've seen JAMES CRAIG in a few Westerns lately.
HOSTILE GUNS
FOUR FAST GUNS
MAN OR GUN
SHOOT OUT AT MEDICINE BEND
MASSACRE
FORT VENGEANCE
DRUMS IN THE DEEP SOUTH
A very good strong actor heading towards CLARK GABLE territory
Check out any of these Westerns and you'll see what I mean. Bronc.
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 pm

James Craig starred in a number of MGM classics during WW II where he was one of their big stars, as they hired him to replace Clark Gable when he went to war. One of my favorites with James Craig was Human Comedy with Van Johnson & Mickey Rooney (others includeed Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, Gentle Annie & Boys Ranch). Before the war he had small and supporting roles and then starred in Valley of the Sun, a western. Drums in the Deep South, after his time with MGM, was a starring role in a good Civil War story which co-starred Guy Madison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Februay 4 Birthday Wishes   Februay 4 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Februay 4 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Biographies: Biography, Writers, Actors :: "Today's Birthday Wishes/Greetings-
Jump to: