Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
 Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

Actor Glen Ford

Go down 
+8
iain
tomgoldrup
Chain Lightning
Tinhorn
cap123ny
Cole Thornton
Manco
indiangirl
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
indiangirl
Admin
indiangirl

Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I don't remember the movies I may have watched with Glen Ford throughout
the years. In the recent months Mike & I have found his movies to
be very good. He really is a great actor.

Last night we watched for the 1st time

COWBOY " 1958"

Stars: Glenn Ford, Jack Lemmon and Anna Kashf

Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 Cowboy11

Fun
filled, great scenery. Good story all together. If you're thinking
about taking up a new trade of being a Cowboy for a occupation, then you
best watch " COWBOY" FIRST.

Storyline

Chicago hotel clerk Frank Harris (Jack Lemmon)dreams of life as a cowboy, and he
gets his chance when, jilted by the father of the woman he loves, he
joins Tom Reece(Glenn Ford) and his cattle-driving outfit. Soon, though, the
tenderfoot finds out life on the range is neither what he expected nor
what he's been looking for.

How would you like to have been in Frank's shoes?
What
a way to go find the girl of his dreams and only to find
out................. . You remember the story, if not time to pull it
off the shelf, dust off the dirt and bring this movie to life again.
Find out how he learned to be a real cowboy.

Great story, real nice scenery, and you will laugh and laugh some more.

You
have fights, rattlesnake scene where it turns deadly, romance,
cattle-driving , stampede, Indians, much, much more. Nice guy turns out
acting just like Tom Reece(Glenn Ford) .

Love
how Tom, Glen Ford gets rid of cockroaches don't you! Or when Frank
goes out on the trail with cattle-driving outfit and by the time he gets
to finally take a rest, he can't sit from his bum hurting so bad. Has
to be doctored and massaged. Then only be told by Tom to get back to
work. Loved it!
Back to top Go down
https://brokenarrowwestern.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:50 pm

One of the best parts of The Hallelujah Trail was John Dehner's narration.
Back to top Go down
indiangirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Hello Gang,

Haven't had time to say what I have been watching lately. Been some Grrrrrrrreat ones I have to say.

A few nights ago watched "
The Violent Men
". Can't believe that is a "1955" movie. Great movie!
Great cast: Of course Glenn Ford,
Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson & Brian Keith

What great scenery, great horse riding, ( would love some of those antiques in that house Very Happy ), Oh heck, just give the house and the land to go with it.
Good story as you may already know and a good ending.
Barbara Stanwyck, was a nasty ole gal on this one. Made you NOT like her in this one. Same way with Brian Keith & Edward G. Robinson. Nasty, nasty!!

Tonight I just might go for: The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Just got this one from Warner Brother Archive.

This is what this one is about.

synopsis:
The lazy son of an Argentinean beef tycoon becomes a heroic soldier
while fighting for the French resistance during WWII. Sweeping epic
stars Glenn Ford ("The Big Heat," "Blackboard Jungle"), Oscar-winners
Charles Boyer ("Gaslight"), Lee J. Cobb ("How the West Was Won," "The
Brothers Karamazov") and Paul Lukas ("Watch on the Rhine," "20,000
Leagues Under the Sea"). Directed by the brilliant Academy Award-winner
Vincente Minnelli ("Gigi," "An American in Paris"). With
internationally-acclaimed stars Ingrid Thulin ("The Silence," "The
Damned") and Paul Henreid ("Casablanca").

Should be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
https://brokenarrowwestern.forumotion.com
Rory Calhoun

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:56 am

I agree with everyone on Glenn Ford being a great western actor. Another great western he was in is "Day Of The Evil Gun" with Arthur Kennedy, John Anderson and Dean Jagger. I got my copy from WWW.RAREMOVIESUK.CO.UK You should check out his site for rare westerns.They are very reasonably priced and very good quality.
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I just ordered Rio Conchos, The Big Sky, and Ride Beyond Vengeance from RareMovies. They say it could take quite a long time to arrive so I'll let you all know how it goes when it goes.
Back to top Go down
Rory Calhoun

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Nightlinger wrote:
I just ordered Rio Conchos, The Big Sky, and Ride Beyond Vengeance from RareMovies. They say it could take quite a long time to arrive so I'll let you all know how it goes when it goes.

Hi Nightlinger,
You won't be dissappointed! I have bought Rio Conchos and Ride Beyond Vengeance. They are both very good quality.
Rory Calhoun
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Rory, how long did it take for the movies to get to you? Are you state side or closer to the UK?
Back to top Go down
Rory Calhoun

Rory Calhoun

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Nightlinger wrote:
Rory, how long did it take for the movies to get to you? Are you state side or closer to the UK?

Hi Nightlinger,
I live in Scotland not far from Davy Westernnut. We see each other quite a bit. It usually takes less than a week for me to receive my order but I'm much closer. However, when I order from the States it can take up to 7 or 8 weeks for my item to arrive. I think he is quoting 2 or 3 weeks which is not too bad.
I have ordered well over 30 films from Rare Movies and I have never been disappointed with the quality of the dvds. Hope you are the same.
Andy
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Rory, I just got my movies today and am greatly pleased. Rio Conchos has the least satisfying picture but since it is in Cinemascope I don't care, but it still needs an official release from 20th Century Fox. So does The Big Sky but possibly one of the best Kirk Douglas movies ever. Ride Beyond Vengeance has been one of my guilty pleasure movies and am finally glad to have a wide screen version with a sharp image. All in all, I'd definitely buy from them again.

Watching these three movies reminded me of how good they all are.
Back to top Go down
Ray Goldrup

Ray Goldrup

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Last nite my Marilee {I love her name, it so lends itself to poetry; in fact, I even wrote a bit of poetry once regarding her name: "T'ween trees slip winds, he distant sound of airy violins, uttering soft the melody of Marilee"} & I watched The Man From the Alamo. A good'n. I like Ford's casual style of acting. He comes on so easy but can all at once be very intense. Wish more nowaday actors had an individual style, but so many of them, in my opinion, all act the same, and he captivating charm just isn't there. There are exceptions, but............... Ray
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:15 pm

The Violent Men (and woman) is one of my favorite Ford movies along with The Sheepman with Shirley McClain and Leslie Nielson (before he played for humor). Two other good Glen Ford movies (I keep thinking of more as I type) are the original Ransom with Donna Reed and again Leslie Nielson, The Big Heat with Gloria Grahame and Lee Marvin, and Fate is the Hunter with Rod Taylor and Susan Pleshette.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm

All this weekend I've been talking about 3:10 To Yuma, so I won't here. But back a couple months ago Sandy suggested a movie a hadn't seen called The Secret of Convict Lake, which was really good. She found it on YouTube, but the full movie looks like it's been pulled since then. Another film with a good performance from Glenn Ford.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Howdy Tinhorn!!

I recently received a copy of, The Secret Of Convict Lake from a pard on the forum here, and it is a very good film and well worth watching. Believe it or not, it's actually based on a true story!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 am

I like a lot of his movies...a few that come to mind are The Man from Colorado, The Loves of Carmen, Fastest Gun Alive, Lust for Gold, Secret of Convict Lake, Brotherhood of the Bell, Jubal & one of my favorite comedies....The Gazebo. Tom.
Back to top Go down
iain
Admin
iain

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:38 am

One of my favourite thrillers is Experiment In Terror (called The Grip of Fear in the UK), where Ford plays a San Francisco detective on the trail of an asthmatic serial killer. Lee Remick and Stephanie Powers play opposite Glen Ford, and it is directed by Blake Edwards. It isn't as well-known as it ought to be. It is out on DVD and well-worth watching.

The Fastest Gun Alive made a big impression on me as a kid, but when I watched it recently I felt it had not aged well. Glen Ford was great in it, but IMO the villain, played by Broderick Crawford just wasn't "villainous" enough, and the final shootout was a bit of a let-down. This is one Western where I feel a remake could be in order. Finding a lead man for the role would be difficult, as Glen Ford's brilliance lay in his self-effacing, almost shyness in the face of adversity. What Gary Cooper did so well in High Noon, Glen Ford projected in nearly every role he played.

Like you, Tom, I regard Jubal as a great Western. It has all the power and darkness of Mann's Man Of The West.

Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Iain, you mentioned two movies I really like, Experiment in Terror and Man of the West. What 'Coop' does to Jack Lord in Man is amazing to see. As to the end of Fastest Gun Alive, I felt the same about the ending of the original Stagecoach. I wanted to John Wayne shoot it out with the Plummers. That's one of the changes that makes me like the Ann Margaret remake. That and being chased through a forest instead of a desert.

Possible spoiler below.

Experiment in Terror could be really scary again for a new audience but its power was dulled after Ross Martin became a household name in Wild Wild West. Terror was one of his first movies so that voice of his was really eerie. But after West it was like 'Oh, that's Artimus Gordon, he isn't scary at all'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actor Glen Ford    Actor Glen Ford - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actor Glen Ford
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Western Characters of Film and TV-
Jump to: