Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

October 24 Birthday Wishes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manco

Manco

October 24 Birthday Wishes Empty
PostSubject: October 24 Birthday Wishes   October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 am

Merian C. Cooper [1893 - 1973]
I. Stanford Jolley [1900 - 1978]
Jean Allison [1929 - ]
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: October 24 Birthday Wishes   October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Howdy Manco!!

Merian.C.Cooper fought in the Polish war with Russia, had his plane shot down and spent 9 months in a Russian P.O.W. camp.
He had a dream about a giant ape destroying New York, woke up and wrote it down. This story was the basis for both King Kong and later Mighty Joe Young. He worked on many films with John Ford as producer and executive producer, including The Searchers, Wagon Master, The Quite Man, Fort Apache, 3 Godfathers and She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. When he interviewed Fay Wray for her role in King Kong, he told her that she was going to have the tallest, darkest leading man in Hollywood. He was the director of King Kong and The last Days Of Pompei.

I. Stanford Jolley began his film career in 1935 and for over 40 years, he appeared with his pencil thin mustache in hundreds of B-westerns, matinee films and in A- films like,, Westward The Women, Cattle Queen, Sands Of Iwo Jima, and Rancho Notorious. Most often cast as either a member of the bad guys gang or a Snidely Whiplash type of crooked banker. During the 50's he appeared on many of westerns t.v. series like, The Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, The Cisco Kid, The Adventures Of Kit Carson and The Gene Autry Show. If you can't place this fella, just pull up his picture and you'll recognize him immediately, Wherever they needed a skulking, no good, lowdown, backshootin outlaw, is where you'll find I.Stanford. Jolley.

Jean Allison first appeared in film, in 1957 and for over 25 years, this beautiful short haired blonde appeared on ever western and action/adventure series on t.v., including Maverick, Trackdown, M-Squad, The Rifleman, McCloud, The Restless Gun, Marcus Welby M.D., Then Came Bronson and dozens of others. She may be best remembered for her roles in the George.C.Scott film, Hardcore and, the 1972 western, Bad Company. She did her last acting on the 1984 series, Highway To Heaven and retired from acting to become a full time mother and grandmother.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: October 24 Birthday Wishes   October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Also Today:

F. Murray Abraham (1940-) first appeared in bit parts in '70s movies such as Serpico, The Sunshine Boys and All The Presidents Men. He then played a drug dealer along with Al Pacino in Scarface. In 1984, he played the Oscar winnig role of Antonio Salieri in Amadeus. He would later play in The Name of the Rose anf Finding Forrester (both with Sean Connery), Woody Allen's film Mighty Aphrodite, Mobsters (as Arnold Rothstein), Larry McMurtry's Dead Man's Walk, and Star Trek: Insurrection.

Kevin Kline (1947-) is a star of stage and screen. His first big break in films was opposite Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice. After that, he starred in The Big Chill, Silverado, A Fish Called Wanda, Soapdish, Chaplin, Dave, and the Wild Wild West. He's been nominated for numerous awards, and won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for A Fish Called Wanda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 24 Birthday Wishes   October 24 Birthday Wishes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October 24 Birthday Wishes
Page 1 of 1