Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
indiangirl
Admin
indiangirl

Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors Empty
PostSubject: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Pards,

Over the last 5 years have we ever discussed Westerns that
Cary Grant / Rock Hudson have been in.

Thanks to Tinhorn telling me that he was watching some movies from Youtube. Since then I have saved over 100 movies I had never seen.

I have watched these 2 wonderful actors
Cary Grant & Rock Hudson in some great Westerns and other genres as well.

If we haven't maybe we could start up a conversation here........

This isn't a Western but it has the feel of one..........
Tonight I watched " The Pride and the Passion" with Cary Grant.
Two other main characters in the movie is , Frank Sinatra & Sopia Loren.

The story in this movie deals with the perseverance of Spaniards to take
back their country from the French who have conquered Spain under
Napoleon as he marched over Europe. A huge cannon, perhaps the largest
in the world at that time, is discarded by the army as they retreat from
the French invaders.

Quite interesting , the hardships and struggles of moving such a giant
weapon across Spain and how it has to be hidden from the French.

Have any of you seen this movie? Just for starters I will start here......
Back to top Go down
https://brokenarrowwestern.forumotion.com
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:07 am

I think I've seen part of that movie. The cannon rings a bell.

Speaking of Rock Hudson, last night I watched The Last Sunset. This stars Rock Hudson as a sheriff who pursues outlaw Kirk Douglas to Mexico, where Douglas has gone to visit old flame Dorothy Malone, now the wife of a drunken rancher (Joseph Cotton), and the two antagonists end up driving Cotton's cattle to Texas.

I know elsewhere on the forum we talked about The Lawless Breed, the biopic starring Hudson as John Wesley Hardin.
Back to top Go down
indiangirl
Admin
indiangirl

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Tinhorn,

No, the cannon doesn't ring a bell. You must be thinking of another movie.

I'm not sure if I have seen The Last Sunset. I have a Rock Hudson set coming in the mail and then I will watch it.

The Lawless Breed, I watched it first time a few months ago. It's a good one.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:30 pm

I didn't mean it literally rings a bell! lol! I mean a remember seeing part of a movie with a huge cannon!
Back to top Go down
indiangirl
Admin
indiangirl

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Ha! Sorry, things have been so crazy that when I read your post I didn't realize what you meant. Duh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tomgoldrup
Admin
tomgoldrup

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Yep, THe Pride and the Passion was a good one. And two other westerns with Rock Hudson that I liked was "Gun Fury" with Phil Carey, Leo Gordon, Neville Brand & Lee Marvin, and "Horizon West" with Robert Ryan, Jim Arnes, John McIntire, Julie Adams, Douglas Fowley, Raymond Burr & Walyer Reed. Liked this one alot. Hudson, his brother Ryan, and friend Arness return home after the Civil War. Hudson becomes Sheriff, Ryan falls foul of the law, and it goes on from there. Just remembered that Dennis Weaver was in it and played Ryan's top henchman. This was one Weaver and Arness did before they teamed up as Matt Dillon & Chester Goode on Gunsmoke.
But, yes, the Carey Grant / Frank Sinatra film Pride and the Passion is a good movie. Jim has the DVD of that one.
Back to top Go down
indiangirl
Admin
indiangirl

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Tom,

I haven't seen " Gun Fury" or " Horizon West". At least I don't think I have either one. I will have to check them out. I see that Netflex has Gun Fury but not the other one. We are renting movies at the moment so I will try to get the one in before we stop our subscription for a while.

Rock Hudson was pretty good in Westerns.

I saw " The Last Sunset" last night. Rock Hudson, Kirk Douglas and Dorthy Malone. Oh I almost forgot Joseph Cotton. Makes for a great Western with these actors.
That was real good.

I bought the Screen Legend Collection of Rock Hudson and it came yesterday.
Not sure which one I will watch tonight. I have been watching Rock Hudson and Cary Grant now for the past 3 weeks seems like.
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 pm

The Pride and the Passion was the first of two movies Cary Grant made with Sophia Loren, the second being Houseboat the next year, 1958. Grant was so smitten with her in Pride that he wanted to marry her. It has been said that one of the reasons she married Carlo Ponti was to slow Mr. Grant's roll.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Another good Western featuring Rock Hudson is Bend Of The River, starring James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy and Julie Adams, directed by Anthony Mann.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Howdy Nightlinger!!

Right you are, pard!! Cary Grant fell madly in love with Sophia Loren on the set of The Pride And The Passion and pursued her so ardently on the set of Houseboat, that Loren actually appealed to the director to put a stop to it. Sometime, later, Grant turned down the starring role in Arabesque, when he discovered Sophia Loren was also starring in it. The role went to Gregory Peck. When asked recently, if she would ever remarry, Loren replied "no".
It was also rumored, that Loren was the reason for one of Peter Sellers' divorces. She was/is centainly a beautiful woman!!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors   Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have we ever discussed these 2 Actors
Page 1 of 1