Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best On Old West Film, Book, TV, And Old West History Discussions

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Staff members
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

» Character and supporting actors
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat May 07, 2022 2:37 am

» Meet our Staff Members
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

» TV WESTERNS ON DVD
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

» December 31 Birthday Wishes
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm

» Robert Conrad
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

» Richard Devon
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby bronco Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

» Western-heavy John Doucette
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm

» 1940s western movies
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Laramie Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

» Kirk Douglas Centennial
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Chain Lightning Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 am

» FORTHCOMING & RECENT RELEASES
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby tomgoldrup Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm

» Restoration
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Bullfrogb Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

» Johnny Mack Brown
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby cap123ny Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 am

» WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOLUME 8 MONOGRAM COWBOY COLLECTION
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Stagecoach Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

» tv westerns in colour (color) !
Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby chris Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 am

Lone Ranger

Go down 
+12
iain
bronco
Stagecoach
indiangirl
tomgoldrup
westernnut
Cole Thornton
Rocky Lane
Nightlinger
Tinhorn
Chain Lightning
Bullfrogb
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Bullfrogb

Lone Ranger - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just read that the new Lone Ranger movie will commence filming in February of 2012 and be released in May of 2013. Johnny Depp and others have reduced their salaries to make this film change from an on again, off again project to a full blown "on again" project. New Mexico will be the first filming location. Unknown what else is planned at this time. Depp indicates that the character of Tonto will not be portrayed as a second class person and looks forward to what he thinks will be a fun movie. Guess all of that remains to be seen and hopefully the finished product won't be something to make most or all of us groan. Bullfrog Bill
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
westernnut
Admin

PostSubject: correct   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:18 am

Iain,
You are correct,I was one of the "sceptics" with the remake of True Grit,I was proved wrong,it was very good in it,s own right,and it proved that we can like both versions.
I also agree with Pirates,the FIRST one of course,like many other "firsts" the follow-up wasn ,t anywhere near the same quality as the original,but lets not forget that POTC was very good,and Johnny Dep was very good also,so,we,ll just have to wait and see.
IF The Lone Ranger/Johnny Dep is good,we might just see a wee revival in taking our fave 50,s western tv series heros and putting them onto the BIG screen?I for one would be interested in seeing that "modern take" on Cheyenne/Rifleman/Rawhide,lets not forget that Mel Gibson did a fair remake of Maverick,in my opinion,so,for me anyway,I would love to see a modern take on Cheyenne Bodie,by the way,we all know Johnny Dep is playing Tonto,but,WHO is playing The Lone Ranger?????have I missed out on that?
Davy,westernnut.
Back to top Go down
Bullfrogb

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Davy: Armie Hammer is playing the Lone Ranger. 26 years old and his work portfolio is primarily made up of a variety of tv episodes. www.imdb.com will give you the details. RE: Johnny Depp - Last week I spent a couple of nights in Moab, UT. Wife and I took the Canyonlands By Night boat tour and the guide was talking about one scene being shot on what I believe is called highway 128. Depp is riding on the back of some type of pick-up truck but in the movie you'll be seeing Depp riding on the top of a train. Not sure how that works, but Hollywood has its way of doing things. Like I've heard numerous times before, Depp was the complete gentleman when dealing with the locals whether working on the film or just relaxing. The movie and Depp's "Tonto" might be the biggest thing in modern times for the western genre or might be the total implosion of the genre. I can't pass judgement until I see the movie but I'll keep my frog fingers crossed that the movie will stir up interest to make more westerns. I heard many moons ago that some studio was thinking about making a "Hopalong Cassidy" movie, but that rumor has died on the rumor vine. Yes Davy, I did see "Nick of Time" but haven't seen "From Hell." Of course while visiting Moab, I had the common decency to drive through Monument Valley with about a 30 minute pause at John Ford Point. While there I reflected on the movies Ford made in Monument Valley and the surrounding areas of Utah. What a wonderful feeling to be where, in my humble opinion, John Ford set the bar so high in movie making, nobody will ever attain that height again. After reading several books about John Ford and his way of dealing with various people, actors being verbally brutalized, Navajos being treated fair and square and admired, I still daydream about Ford directing and Depp starring in a western. I kinda thing that crow's head on Depp's Tonto might have been hit with a sledgehammer by Ford, while Depp was wearing it. Of course the finished product would have made a great movie, Depp's performance would be held in high regard and everyone would say, "Ford does it again, another classic."
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Davy, the guy playing the Lone Ranger is an actor named Armie Hammer (Armie is short for Armand Douglas Hammer, and he is the great-grandson of oil tycoon Armand Hammer). He been in a couple TV series: Veronica Mars, Gossip Girl, and Desperate Housewives. He also appeared in J. Edgar, the movie about FBI founder and director J. Edgar Hoover, directed by Clint Eastwood, and The Social Network, the movie about the founding of Facebook. He relatively unknown, and Davy, you're right. With all the hooplah about Johnny Depp playing Tonto, and the weird get-up he's wearing, I think young Armie will still be unknown after this movie comes out.
Back to top Go down
westernnut
Admin

PostSubject: cheers   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Bill,Tinhorn,
THANKS for the info Pards,much appreciated,even though I dont know who Ammer is,maybe after the film I will,fingers crossed.
Bill bullfrog,my ole Friend/PARD,I agree completely with your "appraisal" of John Ford,I,ve got the greatest admiration/respect for other great western directors,John Sturges/Gordon Douglas and "the rest",but it,s FORD who gives me MAGIC,I know some people will say that Ford,s WEST was "make-believe" and certainly not "real"?????
WHO CARES?????Bill,for guys like you and I,Ford,s WEST is what we WANT,it,s as simple as that,
John Ford is still THE MAN!!!!!!!
Davy,westernnut.
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:53 pm

On making new from old, with Clint Walker still with us, who could replace his Cheyenne? Kevin Sorbo is the only actor around I can think of who could pull it off. He's the right size height wise and has proven himself believable in the saddle. Keeping with my thoughts on keeping the old fans with the new ones, if they hurry up, you could have Clint as the original and there would still be enough time in the West to have Sorbo as his son, getting help from Dad when he needs it. And as with Maverick, grab what's left of the 'old timers' for cameos.
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 pm

This may not have anything to do with the movie, but I didn't want to create a new thread for this. A friend of mine repairs musical instruments, and he posted a pic of this rarity that was brought to him. He's thinking it dates back to the 1950s.

Lone Ranger - Page 7 Lone_Ranger_guitar
Back to top Go down
Rocky Lane

Rocky Lane

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

I think those guitars came out in the late 30's to early 40's
Back to top Go down
Cole Thornton

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Davy-----with I late replay, I have turned 65 the other week. I must have been having a lot of fun in my life because time really did fly by for me. One day I'm a cocky young smart aleck and then---Pfffft------I'm an OLD COOT! WOW! A few months ago I was leaving the grocery store parking lot and a car full of young pups was turning in. They tooted the horn and a couple waved and said "How's it going, grand pa?". I went "Huh?", looked around, and wondered who the heck they were talking to. Then I figured it out.

Soured me up for the rest of the day, LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cole Thornton

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Hey! Some of these DVDs you can get now from Oldies.com are of Tim Holt westerns, and Wild Bill Elliott.....and ROCKY LANE!!!! Wooooooweeee!
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Admin
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Howdy Cole!!

Good to see you posting again!!
We've missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As far as the teeny boppers, why didn't you just pick up a rock and throw it through the car window????????????? If they touch, curse or otherwise harass you, they're all going to jail for bothering a senior citizen!! Then they git to learn another lesson about this ole world, that their mother didn't teach them!!!!!
Just remember to bend over slightly, hold your leg and tell the cop, that they almost ran you down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

P.S.

I say this, just in case your not packing a .45 to use for target practice on their tires!!
Back to top Go down
westernnut
Admin
westernnut

PostSubject: GREAT   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Bill/Cole,
GREAT to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!
I know exactly how you feel,I,m 62 in a couple of months,we,re both boomers,and it,s HARD getting older,particularly when your constantly reminded about it,ha!
One wee "thing" though,and it,ll take a minute,lately I,ve watched some new/recent films,Killer Joe,Drive,to name two,WELL,they,ve both been given positive reviews,and I know it,s down to personal opinion,jeez they,re both DIRE,granted in my opinion,most of the other newish films were the same,so I shoved on,and I aint kidding,or patronising,you Bill,on went She Wore A Yellow Ribbon dvd,
First,the dvd I have of this CLASSIC is beautiful,stunning, Andy Mowatt concurs,the film itself???????words fail me,it,s simply A CLASSIC!!!!!!made 62 years ago????
Bill,that,s what us oldtimers have,CINEMA MAGIC,and with the fabulous "discovery" of the dvd format,well,we can watch it ANYTIME,and it will always make us feel good!!!!!
No matter what anyone says,us boomers had the BEST of it,and the legacy of films we grew up with,TV and Cinema,hasn,t been equalled,or will it ever be!!!!!
Davy,most definitely "ole westernnut",ha!
ps,As I said earlier,and I know I speak for ALL on this Forum,Bill,
IT,S GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU PARD/FRIEND!!!!!!!!
LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.
Back to top Go down
Cole Thornton

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Lest We Forget......
Back to top Go down
Nightlinger

Nightlinger

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:37 am

After watching the following, The Lone Ranger may not be too bad but I still have a problem with Depp wearing the crow all the time. And it looks like Silver plays a major role in the education of The Masked Man. Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/list/TB56Gm1AqRw/#lb-1
Back to top Go down
Tinhorn

Tinhorn

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Oh, yay. Helena Bonham Carter is in it. I'm glad it's not directed by Tim Burton!
Back to top Go down
Cole Thornton

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Still looks pretty weird
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lone Ranger   Lone Ranger - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lone Ranger
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broken Arrow: Western Movie, Book, TV, and History Discussion :: Western :: Western Characters of Film and TV-
Jump to: